New pics from Sat..

flounder

this is my "new" style of riding. compared to my elbow dragging, this allows for much less work getting the bike to transition and makes it easier on me. now on an exit to a straight or a long corner i still get my upper body off farther to get the power down.

Drew1.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with your runs out of the keyhole I would be too... Big difference when you are running 35s or better and me running 38-40s

But the 1k next time I think I would be needing sixth mid kink on it too.

i'd be careful with grabbin a gear in the kink on the 1k. i know my 600 spins a lil through there and likes to wiggle around, so the 1k has got to do the same.

this is my "new" style of riding. compared to my elbow dragging, this allows for much less work getting the bike to transition and makes it easier on me. now on an exit to a straight or a long corner i still get my upper body off farther to get the power down.

Drew1.jpg

Much better form, Drew. You always ride well, but I think you'll go faster if you do what you just mentioned. I am sure over the years you are going to develope into a great rider. We just need to keep you healthy!!

When you coming back? We need to finish that 600, too.

lmao!! i just had a CT scan on monday and have a meeting with the doc on friday for new x-rays and look at the scan. i'm hopin to be back by august.

my dad and i are gonna be workin on the bike friday morning before my dr. appt. gonna fit up the bodywork before paint, and hook up the electronics.

who knows, the chicane is the bomb though. seperates the men from the boys so to speak. you can carry a TON of speed into it and you have to scrub a lot of it on the front tire. super fun

who knows, the chicane is the bomb though. seperates the men from the boys so to speak. you can carry a TON of speed into it and you have to scrub a lot of it on the front tire. super fun

I enjoy the chicane allot.. It would be nice to have a slipper clutch going through there for damn sure.. down shifting for entrance to the keyhole at speed on the edge of the tire is a bit touchy

yea that's for sure. it was wild on the 600 last year. i'd kiss the limiter in 4th going into the chicane and just downshift and let the slipper do it's thing, then grab another flipping back into the keyhole. lot of time there

the rest of the track is the same though right? im sure you can reach triple digit speeds coming out of the keyhole and through that right hand kink eh?

yea the rest is the same. on my 600 i hit terminal velocity on that straight. speedo reads near 200, but that's inaccurate with my gearing. i'm gonna guess 160ish on the stock motor. maybe 170 with the new motor

the rest of the track is the same though right? im sure you can reach triple digit speeds coming out of the keyhole and through that right hand kink eh?

Yeah that is a 160+ mph straight.. I probably pass through that kink 150+ and am still accelerating. On a couple of the vids you can see it just touch 165 before downshifting. I am running stock gearing. When Im running it, Im not looking at my speedo anyway.. Im looking for my brake markers ahead.. not much time to look down when you have to brake for a 90 degree right after running full tilt boogy down through there.

Aint nothing like hitting that quick down shift throwing it on the right knee let it kiss the tarmac and before you hit the curbing on the right you flip left kiss knee on the tarmac at the curbing there.

Let bike continue slowing as it runs out 5 feet or so. Pulle it back in trying not to drift both tires, hit the 2nd left apex curb stand up brake some and hit a down shift, then throw it into the keyhole.

Chicane is my favorite part of the track.

I will glance at the speedo at exit of chicane see where I am at as that gives me an indication of my run out of the keyhole. Then (wait till just before the 5 on days when it is there) find that last photo hole before the close wall ends and brake. I have seen as high as 183 in 5th at the exit of the kink on the 1k. But actual is around 170 I think.

i'd be careful with grabbin a gear in the kink on the 1k. i know my 600 spins a lil through there and likes to wiggle around, so the 1k has got to do the same.

So far it hasn't shimmied or from what I can tell it hasn't Spun in the kink. Even WOT in 5th

Dang I can't type. And shoulder is no excuse for that..

are they scared you will go too fast, or is it because they want more turns?

Only Indy cars use it... The speeds we'd hit, if something went bad, they'd have to have those aircraft carrier safety nets to catch everything. It wouldn't be pretty...

Yeah that is a 160+ mph straight.. I probably pass through that kink 150+ and am still accelerating. On a couple of the vids you can see it just touch 165 before downshifting. I am running stock gearing. When Im running it, Im not looking at my speedo anyway.. Im looking for my brake markers ahead.. not much time to look down when you have to brake for a 90 degree right after running full tilt boogy down through there.

Speedo error for sure...

Probably more along what Drew's 600 would hit which is probably near 160-162ish even with the motor. Mine probably near 170 (I'd wager 167-170) and a liter bike near 175 or so...

So far it hasn't shimmied or from what I can tell Spun in the kink. Even WOT in 5th

Mine doesn't move around through there, either, but it is spinning like a top... You can tell too as the revs go way up real quick - especially since you're on the sidewall so much.

I'd gear it for 6th on a 1000, though. You'd be able to lug a little more and all, but I think I'd still gear for 6th. You ought to ask Agnes or even Etter or someone next time...

Finally saw the vids Aaron. You made some passes I didn't think you would. I think if we can get your lines more consistant you will start dropping more time.

But very good. Doesn't it suck that when video on bike always seem slower then when your on the bike...

Another day with Liz and if he can make the couple line changes that should get you your 1:40s.

Mine doesn't move around through there, either, but it is spinning like a top... You can tell too as the revs go way up real quick - especially since you're on the sidewall so much.

I'd gear it for 6th on a 1000, though. You'd be able to lug a little more and all, but I think I'd still gear for 6th. You ought to ask Agnes or even Etter or someone next time...

I think I will add a tooth for all the tracks except Nashville next year. Even Nelson I never needed sixth.

Agnes won't be able to get on Mid OH with the 1000 this year either.. Poor guy.

Speedo error for sure...

Probably more along what Drew's 600 would hit which is probably near 160-162ish even with the motor. Mine probably near 170 (I'd wager 167-170) and a liter bike near 175 or so...

Didnt I say the same thing as you?? 160+ straight..

I think I will add a tooth for all the tracks except Nashville next year. Even Nelson I never needed sixth.

Agnes won't be able to get on Mid OH with the 1000 this year either.. Poor guy.

you prolly wont need 6th at nelson. on the 600 i just click it for a second and then downshift to 5th. shitll bog outta the kink

Didnt I say the same thing as you?? 160+ straight..

You added 170 to your comment, homo. 170 on a stocker 750 ain't gonna happen... Even with gearing. Well, unless maybe Mladin rode it and could get a hella drive out of the keyhole...

Fag.

you prolly wont need 6th at nelson. on the 600 i just click it for a second and then downshift to 5th. shitll bog outta the kink

Agree with Drew. Thing is here that the faster you go, the more you need. Asking for gearing from a guy doing 1:09s and faster at Nelson won't help a guy doing 1:12s, etc. Not saying the 1:12 guy is slow - we all start somewhere, but he won't benefit from the gearing...

I do 6th at Nelson, too... Unless I have Road America gearing or something...!