Unique nitrous purge question

Nitrousbird

I have a NX dual vent purge kit. Originally, I had it doing the dual vent in front of the windshield.

Well, I moved some stuff around, and to vent it in front of the windshield again, I'd have to buy new hardlines and re-bend them. No biggie, but I think I want to go a different route now.

Since my car has a ram-air hood (WS6 hood), I want to do it out the nostrils. My problems:

- Soft line. I obviously have to run a soft line, since it has to be able to bend when opening/closing the hood. But what kind of line. I haven't found much info on this yet, but I've heard that rubber line ends up freezing and cracking after a little while....nitrous is just too cold for it. I've also heard of using nylong tubbing; think that will withstand the cold?

- Affixing the line to the hood. Drilling my hood is not an option. Double sided tape I'll assume will work.

- I'll drill a small hole in the hood baffle for the line to stick out of. Since 1000psi of nitrous will be venting out of this spot, will it have a strong enough force to want to back it out of the hole (meaning, will some double sided tape be strong enough to hold it in place?).

- For attaching it to the solenoid, I figured I would simply attach my hard lines, cut them short, and slip the soft line over the hard line. BUT....what size soft line will it need to be? Will the lines want to pop off, or will I have to come up w/ some tiny clamps to hold them there?

From my experiance with nitrous I can tell you the double sided tape doesn't have a chance. Can you drill into the underside hood bracing? If so you could use small nylon loop clamps.

As for the flexible section of line required -03 stainless braided nylon line used for brake lines would be ideal, it's availible in different lengths. Just cut what you need(a shard chiesel and block of wood work perfect) add the approriate fittings(not cheap) and thread into solinoid.

Purging out of the nose would look very evil, just be sure it doesn't come near the air intake.

If you've got the cash, stainless steel braided teflon hose will live with the N20 also, obviously, since it's used for feed lines. I'd guess that you can build a line for $40 or so, with fittings.

I just did an oil line with braided Aeroquip AQP line, but I don't think it's rated for the cold you'd have. Not a bad line to work with, really. They also have a press-fit product line with the AQP material, which is cheaper to use.

What kind of pressures are you looking at in a purge line?

Drilling holes in my $600 hood (not including prep, paint, and shipping), even in the few braces it has, is NOT an option. Not for something like this.

And I don't have any money, so this is a low cost type deal.

As for 3an line....it's not exactly cheap. I'd rather stay away from that if possible. Berto's flare fitting idea works.

What about just regular nylon tubbing. Though the nitrous coming out can be anywhere up to 1100psi, it is venting that pressure, not holding that pressure.