Help, I have a question for all of you...

Guest kaliz11

Guest kaliz11

well my car is going in the shop once again...it should be the last of any big repairs though, so I'm excited, now that I have spent the same amount, if not more, on repairs then when I bought it.

I had a question though, my mechanic said something about my charcoal canister bursting, and runing all throughout my AC....Where/what is that, and how would it have burst?? :(

kali

Hmmmm, that would be odd. Your charcoal canister collects fuel vapors so that they can be burned by the engine, when the canister purge is activated, and not released into the atmosphere.

This would have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your A/C.

Please try and get more information and post it. Either you misunderstood what he was telling you, or something is very fishy here!

Mike

I'm not too familiar with BMW's, but graemlins/bsflag.gif

On any car I've ever seen so equiped, the charcoal cannister is component of the EGR system.

Components of AC systems: Compressor, Discharge Hose, Condensor, Liquid lines, Filter/Reciever/Drier, Evaporator, suction hose, Thermo Switch. That's it in a nutshell.

If you can, verify what he is telling you and then maybe we can better assist you.

Originally posted by Rotarded:

Hmmmm, that would be odd. Your charcoal canister collects fuel vapors so that they can be burned by the engine, when the canister purge is activated, and not released into the atmosphere.

This would have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your A/C.

Please try and get more information and post it. Either you misunderstood what he was telling you, or something is very fishy here!

Mike

No fair, you must type faster than me! ;)

My guess would be the mechanic meant the charcoal went through the ducting, which makes sense. I dont think there is a mechanic alive that would think particles that large would get into the closed loop of the ac system.

Guest kaliz11

well my mechanic called today, so i was excited to ask him about this whole charcoal canister thing, when he completly distracted me! He infromed me that they had finished working on it early and took it for a test drive and my air compressor went out, so there is an extra $850... sorry to let you guys down though, needless to say it hasn't been the best of days.

kali

Guest kaliz11

I know its a lot of money, but he has done all my work for me since I bought it and he does above and beyond what he needs to. I also, just don't want to wait with out AC to find someone else, you know.

Oh and by the way....I think I figured out what the deal was...its the freon (spelling?) heater thing, it drys the air, does that make sense? I've been looking through my work manuals trying to understand how it could have happened, but who knows. :rolleyes:

kali