worst place to live in town?

kennycoulter

what would you guys consider the absolute worst place to live in town? i have an idea, but im still new to the city. my girlfriend wants to move in with her friend in a very bad area of the city, but im afraid something will happen to her. maybe there are worse areas, and i dont need to worry?

If you give a shit about what happens to your car, the Brookeville Apts are BAD. I can't say that many homes get broken into, there really aren't any assaults or killings though.

The area down Cleveland Ave after Morse Rd (around the Infinity 99 cent shop) is a fucking pile of shit too. You couldn't pay me enough to put up with that.

i don't think he's asking about traffic...pretty much anywhere east of downtown and campus inside the outer-belt...Parsons, Cleveland Ave...i'm not saying they're all bad...but there are some "rough" areas.

where is she moving too? it might not be as bad as you think.

My vote would either go for the near east side or the near west side (i.e., the Bottoms). The Hilltop (which is west side too, only a little further out than the Bottoms) is pretty rough. The entire south end is rough, too.

I think it'd be easier for us if you just told us where your g/f was thinking of moving. There's lots of "bad" and plenty of "good" areas of town - trying to discuss all of them would be, I think, a waste of time here.

Guest powers

worst I can think of would be miller kelton area or mock rd area some of the neigborhoods have fences around them to make it easier for the police to chase people on foot.

IMO the bottoms and hilltop areas are just drugs and drinking. Not as much gang activity and random violence.

Guest GSRchick714
Originally posted by Venom:

Westerville is the ghetto of Columbus...

Haha..yea, if your sig pic was taken in Westerville it looks seriously ghetto! graemlins/lol.gif

...I don't really know but there's lots of break-ins down by Oakland Park and then Hilltop is pretty bad. I'm not really familiar with other areas..

Guest GSRchick714
Originally posted by burgels™:

Anywhere on livingston ave, north of Alum creek drive. It bothered me just driving through there.

Yea, I got lost on Livingston one time...it was NOT fun.

Man, if you guys are thinking Livingston is bad and scary to drive through, you haven't seen bad areas of Columbus. There are some decent areas of Livingston too.

One of the worst areas in terms of people tends to be around Champion/Ohio Ave area. The whole 43205 area is a total shit hole. A lot of the places mentioned are also crappy.

That said, I've worked in pretty much every neighborhood in this town at one time or another. I've yet to go into one where I was afraid to be in during the day time (and yes, I'm a white boy). There are a number of places I wouldn't want to set foot in during the evening/night time.

So, where is your girl moving to? This thread could have been alot more to the point with people saying what they know about that area....?

Ohio Champion area is shit, from I 71 to osu east hospital what ever it is called now and from I 670 to about livingston that square is horrible. I went to East high, hated it, played football there (freshman year I transfered after that) and everyday after practice I wondered if I would get robbed of my pads smile.gif