You can come here if you are powerless

Alex1647545498

Originally posted by Buy Here Pay Here:

Natural gas furnace and stove = *** win

Our power was out for a couple hours today, and I was still able to cook.

If you have gas heat how would the blower work?

The wife's mom has a gas heating unit and the thermostat doesn't work without power and neither does the blower.

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by Mr. 2:

If you have gas heat how would the blower work?

The wife's mom has a gas heating unit and the thermostat doesn't work without power and neither does the blower.

All I really know is that we had no power, yet had an abundance of hot air blowing through the vents. FWIW, our entire heating system is at least 60 years old, so maybe the air is blown up by some other means than an electric fan.

We had been with out power since 6 am Thurs morning it recently came on around 4:20 am this morning. We have a wood burning FP & had installed a Gas Heater in the basement 2yrs ago. We made it through! Our son said the experience reminded him of the movie The Day After Tomorrow.

Stay warm everyone!

Originally posted by Mr. 2:

Yeah, kinda dumb now that I thought about it though. If no power then no internet. How would these people know that I posted this!? graemlins/doh.gif

Duh tongue.gif

You shoulda called me. We're at my dad's, so we're doing fine. I swear you and him have the lucky neighborhood, no one else has power (including my grandma, and she lives the opposite next street over from you).

Shawn Jones hasn't had power either, and they've been battling flooding at his house since the sump pumps won't run.

Oh man, I haven't even thought about flooding in basements. That's not good. I wish them luck. I guess Erica's mom's has 2 sump pumps. It's a big basement being a ranch and all. One of them seems to have a battery backup. Not sure how long that's going to last though. That house is still without power. :(

I had 3 inches of water in my basement until I bought Sears's LAST battery Backup Sump Pump. It took me 5 hrs to pump all that water out... some damage, but not too bad. It's still got some juice, so if anyone needs to borrow it, let me know.. 614-439-3550.

If you really need to you can bypass the digital t-stat or get one like mine that runs on batteries not A/C. the house should still heat even without the blower if the ducts were designed right they will use the tempreture variance as a pressure wave and air will flow. The blower just makes it much more effiencent.

Evan