How we got into this mess in the first place....

HotCarl

Originally posted by Clint Eastwood:

It doesn't matter, the popular vote doesn't decide the winner of the election.

THANK YOU. Some people need to go back to high school government class.

Originally posted by L.Pee.J:

THANK YOU. Some people need to go back to high school government class.

True, but your missing the point. The point being approx. 50,000 people were cheated out of their vote regardless.

i have two older brothers, we obviously share the same last name. If they get thrown into prison, does this mean MY vote shouldn't count?

http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=29&row=1

Originally posted by harry's94tsi:

True, but your missing the point. The point being approx. 50,000 people were cheated out of their vote regardless.

i have two older brothers, we obviously share the same last name. If they get thrown into prison, does this mean MY vote shouldn't count?

http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=29&row=1

The point is most of the studies on this are from independant agencies.... hmm, wonder who that could be

LJ since you're SUCH a american government buff, would you care to enlighten us on why the electoral college was made and what purpose it USED to play and what purpose is plays NOW?

btw the popular vote was won by quite an amount what they are talking about there is the florida vote which would only matter when tabulating votes for the electoral college.

Guest jpurdy2003

I'm a member of the electoral college. Bet you didn't know that. :cool:

I accept bribes in the form of PayPal, sexual favors, car parts, or cold hard cash.

Originally posted by RX7dood:

LJ since you're SUCH a american government buff, would you care to enlighten us on why the electoral college was made and what purpose it USED to play and what purpose is plays NOW?

btw the popular vote was won by quite an amount what they are talking about there is the florida vote which would only matter when tabulating votes for the electoral college.

On the Tuesday following the first Monday of November in years divisible by four, the people in each State cast their ballots for the party slate of Electors representing their choice for president and vice president (although as a matter of practice, general election ballots normally say "Electors for" each set of candidates rather than list the individual Electors on each slate).

Whichever party slate wins the most popular votes in the State becomes that State's Electors-so that, in effect, whichever presidential ticket gets the most popular votes in a State wins all the Electors of that State. [The two exceptions to this are Maine and Nebraska where two Electors are chosen by statewide popular vote and the remainder by the popular vote within each Congressional district].

Now remember, the electoral college rep. does not have to vote for the canidate that is selected in the popular vote (this is still true, correct Jack (assuming you are a electoral college member))

What if all the people that were taken off wrongly were republicans? I havent seen 1 peice of info that says the voters not allowed to vote were all democrats. Plus, independant agencies were the ones who "discovered" this, now I wonder who hired those agencies

Guest jpurdy2003

Now remember, the electoral college rep. does not have to vote for the canidate that is selected in the popular vote (this is still true, correct Jack (assuming you are a electoral college member))

Fo shizzle my wizzle. Generally we all gonna vote fo whoever wins da popular vote in our state, ya dig? We do got that option, however. The highest bidder gets my vote.

LJ you never answered WHY the electoral college was made. you answered how it was made but not for what purpose.

The Electoral College was formed because too many people didn't have enough knowledge to vote for a president. Much like today

joel, would you want to win in a shaddy election? i know i wouldn't

If every party that did shady stuff in the last election were thrown out of the race, there would be no candidates. :(

yet you aren't busy enough to come up with an excuse?

Gee I love it how when someone doesn't feel like answering something the other person automatically thinks they don't know. I was going to class when i wrote that. I already replied to you how it works. THe people vote for electors, these electors can choose to go with popular vote, or vote for whoever they want.

The Electoral College was formed because too many people didn't have enough knowledge to vote for a president. Much like today

And BTW, you DID ask

so how does that work since for the most part the representatives vote along with the population?

So bye bye now