Uncle Sam sucks ASS!!!!

Putty

I hate to rant but,

OK, I have to pay this bastard money this year. Why on earth should I have to pay when he takes from me EVERY time I get paid. I took a big chunk out of my 401 for engagement ring, but that is MY money. How dare I get taxed on money that is MINE. Taxes period are BS. Insurance is BS..As you were.!

I can't complain too much. I net owe something like $73 dollars. Owe $2xx federal and am getting back $1xx from state. Although this is the first year ever I won't be getting a significant amount of money back. Last few years I remember getting back $900 and $700. That's only because last year was the first year I've had one full time job the whole year and made a decent amount of money, so like I said, I can’t complain.

My parents owe ~$2k. They didn't do anything different, but they went from 3 dependents last year (03' taxes) to 1 this year (04' taxes). :eek: They have definitely already changed how much is withheld so this doesn’t happen again this year.

[ 14. April 2005, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Trouble Maker ]

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Hell I'm happy I only owe $4,000 this year instead of $20,000.

I look at it as paying for blacktop on roads.

You would think for 4k, let alone 20k (which it sounds like you've owed in the past), they should be able to better construct the roads. Maybe I'm just getting pickier, but it seems like the newly constructed roads have been getting worse over the years. Also I drive a ton (30k in 1.5 years on my S4), and I don't know of one spot that has been fixed from the winter potholes since it's gotten nice out. They should have construction teams on a retainer for when it gets warm again.

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

You would think for 4k, let alone 20k (which it sounds like you've owed in the past), they should be able to better construct the roads.

Except that not every dollar you pay for taxes doesn't go entirely for roads. I'd like to know how much of our tax money goes to the actual construction of public works and services versus the amount paid for non-value added things. Considering the government as a cycle or process, the output per dollar input is pretty low IMHO.

However, on a sidenote, I don't think there's really much lateral room to maneuver about the taxes assessed on the money you removed from 401K. Yes, you earned that money, but also under the laws of this country you knew you were going to pay taxes. Uncle Sam has simply come back to take the tax break he gave you on your 401K contribution, which is still fair game because those were the rules to begin with. You always pay the institution, wherever you go and that's why it's the Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.

I understand your frustration, but we all live it along with you. Insurance... now THAT is a scam.

"Money for nothin' and chicks for free"

Originally posted by David Putty:

I hate to rant but,

OK, I have to pay this bastard money this year. Why on earth should I have to pay when he takes from me EVERY time I get paid. I took a big chunk out of my 401 for engagement ring, but that is MY money. How dare I get taxed on money that is MINE. Taxes period are BS. Insurance is BS..As you were.!

401K contributions are taken before taxes. So, when you pull money out of a 401K early, you get penalized plus you have to pay income tax. You pulled it out early. Don't bitch. But congrats on the engagement ring. Hope she said yes.

Originally posted by satan:

401K contributions are taken before taxes. So, when you pull money out of a 401K early, you get penalized plus you have to pay income tax. You pulled it out early. Don't bitch. But congrats on the engagement ring. Hope she said yes.

I just had to get that off my chest while I was writing the damn check. That's all. By the way, she said, YES. I still don't care for Sam that much though.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

There's your first problem.

I knew I was going to be taxed. Now I am facing it. It was not a problem. In comparison to what I did for what I got, is second to none.

I just had to get that off my chest while I was writing the damn check. That's all. By the way, she said, YES. I still don't care for Sam that much though.

congrats dude!!!!!

I knew I was going to be taxed. Now I am facing it. It was not a problem. In comparison to what I did for what I got, is second to none.

if you think uncle sam is a bitch, you should try livng under uncle kim, or uncle ho, or a monarchy.

i know everytime some body bitches about taxes, theres always some dude thats shouts them down about how america is the best. i feel that way, but im not that dude. so, no shouting. just think of other countries and what they have to deal with. it really could be a whole lot worse.

I net a profit of $53 bucks this year. My parents pay me to use my name on several large investments because I'm protected from a buttload of taxes that they aren't (i'm 17), so they just basically give me some compensation for the use of my name.

That and they put a roof over my head.