So I think it's time for a new bike...

zerocrash

So I sold my 600RR a couple weeks ago to rockstarhonda and had no intention of getting anything else... until this weekend when my new lady friend and I decided to take off and ride to Louisville, KY and I didn't think she would be real comfortable on the FZ, so I took this

100_0766.jpg

2008 BMW R1200GS. I've always liked it but had not explored its capabilities... until now. This bike is AMAZING! It literally does everything well. :) It's quick, smooth, agile, etc etc..

For anyone who's never ridden anything in the adventure touring class, I highly recommend it! We did about 500 miles, mostly highway, :rolleyes: but it was still awesome.

I'll keep the FZ and prolly trade the DR in, as soon as I can convince myself (and my bank account) that I really need a $20k motorcycle..

Those Boxer twins are nice, but that K1200s......drool...

I've ridden the K12S (I work at A BMW dealer) and it is a cool bike, but it's just a big sportbike. The GS is cool because you can do anything with it. I stopped at a rest area and decided I didn't want to follow the road the whole 50 yards in so I just dipped to the right, rode through the grass, hopped a curb and was exactly where I wanted to be with a big grin :D

Why buy the cow when you can borrow it for free?
Exact thing I was thinkin'!! ;)
I know right??? I constantly think about that but I want it to be own

Man, if I had your job, I'd be like a cowboy in a whorehouse, I'd ride a different one every day. Do you get demos?

Amen to that!! :D:leghump:

Man, if I had your job, I'd be like a cowboy in a whorehouse, I'd ride a different one every day. Do you get demos?
Exact thing I was thinkin'!! ;)

Amen to that!! :D:leghump:

Yeah that's one advantage to working at my shop, (and being in management) I can take anything used or we have set up as a demo anytime I want. That's cool and all, but I'm still a but nervous and conservative riding a $20k bike that's not mine. Besides, I want to make the (necessary) upgrades/improvements to make it my own.