new Civic released

large_x7

I'm not sure who on here really cares about Honda's anymore, but since I spent the last 1.5 years designing the interior for the coupe, I thought I'd share:

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=396413

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=396475

I think it goes on sale in 2 or 3 weeks. Let me know what you guys think.

Oh, and for the gas price complainers on here, the Hybrid is rated at 50/50 mpg, and the "real-world fuel economy" is supposed to be not that far off from those numbers.

i'm in design, and they don't let us over to TRC very often. the test guys get to do all the cool driving stuff. i just sit behind a computer all day.

i was actually over there last thursday to do driver's training, but that was the first time that i had been there in over a year.

are you with ELP or MAP or through TRC direct? you've probably driven the civic more than i have! i've only driven a DX and an LX, but not the Si. i thought they were pretty nice for a small car. way better than anything else in that class, at least.

Interior looks pretty decent. I'm impressed they put a navigation setup in it, which really makes the dash look better. I'm not real sure about the gauge cluster, though.

Exterior wise, well, it looks like tC that had a few too many drinks and isn't feeling 100%, but isn't barfing all over the place either.

I like it, definitely better than the last. The only thing on the whole car I don't like is the gauge cluster. I'm not a fan of digital gauges, but I could get used to it. Good work on the interior, too. Does it still have the shifter in that weird spot like the last one did? It's hard to tell in the pictures.