Help me decide what I should blow my money on!

Bam

Ok, I've been saving for a few months and I want to do something, either mod my current car, or buy a second one.

Options I'm seriously considering:

Camming my relatively stock GTP, as well as supporting mods.

OR

Buying some cheap turbo car, I.E. a dsm, old dodge, something similar.

Altogether I have about $1000-$1500 I want to spend.

I'm worried about daily reliability if I cam my car, as well as my transmission. But then again it'd be nice to have a low 13, high 12 second Grand Prix.

Either way I'm probably going to have headaches, as it goes with modding cars.

So whaddya think?

the omnis started in 85 with the GLH-T version and went to 86 like that. also in 86 they offered the GLHS model which is the numbered 4 door omni only came in Black. the glhs's came with koni adjustables, stock and also a numbered badge with Grounf effects. in 87 the Charger body came out. that is the 2 door version on the omni. also known as the 024. they also came with the 2.2 T2 intercooled motor and came with certain wheels and koni suspension. the best place to look is http://www.turbododge.com. People have gotten them down into the tens easily and there was one that beat a corvette driver at neo nationals 2 years ago. ;)

i have seen an omni be as light as 1800lbs but takes a lot of work and time carving. usually run them around 2300. if i were you i would also look into the shadows. they are great cars and they are the same platform as the omnis just a tad bit more weight and somewhat better looking. Buy Scott Kirks off of him cause he will never get his done. :). also if you want there is the spirit R/T which came in only red and white and they were 2.2 turbo cars with lotus cylinder head on them. awesome car. your choice of turbo cars is:

85-86 4 door omni

84-87 Charger (there are a lot converted to turbo cars)

87-89 Shadow (csx-t, csx vnt)

86-93 Daytona (t1,t2,and t4 cars)

87 Lancer/Lebarron body

89-90 Mini Van

your choice pick a car and go from there. ill call around and see what people are selling.

btw there are two different engines to choose from 2.2 turbo and the 2.5. i myself love the 2.2 and have only played with a 2.5 twice. balance shafts are kinda lame. there are a lot of things out there for these cars and they can be made extremely quick for cheap. ask some TD people

Has hookers and beer been suggested?

Cheap car = problems. Ask me how I know.

Moding your expesnive daily=many more problems than moding your cheap toy.

Getting to work every day is great.

Who cares if your (cheap) toy happens to be down for a few months or more?

If you can afford an expensive toy and daily, great; if not, have a nice daily and a cheap toy. Who wants their expensive car sitting in the garage most of the time and they have to drive a 1k beater to and from work? It's all about what you want and what will bring you the most enjoyment. I personally enjoy driving my hour round trip with a six speed and heated leather and have a DSM I have to fix rather than a Corvette to drive a few days a month and an early 90's Honda to drive to and from work.

I can't really drop a smaller pulley on it without major mods, such as an IC, rockers or a cam. I'm already running a 3.4" and getting some KR now. I know having a 2nd car would be expensive but I really like having my nice car to cruise in or get to work and back in. We'll see, maybe I'll just do rockers since they aren't as hard on the valvetrain but still give 30hpish, that combined with full exhaust and some other bolt on's should give me some more power I'm looking for.

Already got an intake and ubend delete. Johnny C's DP is definitely soon, as well as some PEM's. Maybe I'll just do the rockers then, less extra shit needed. Buck what all do you have done?

Mr x....why would I turbo my GTP?? It's already supercharged and a perfectly fine platform. Please elaborate

Already got an intake and ubend delete. Johnny C's DP is definitely soon, as well as some PEM's. Maybe I'll just do the rockers then, less extra shit needed. Buck what all do you have done?

Mr x....why would I turbo my GTP?? It's already supercharged and a perfectly fine platform. Please elaborate

Turbo = teh win :D

Or, you can twin charge it (keep the m90 and get a turbo) and run 9's like Zooomer did (with more mods of course :)).

All I have are headers, 2.5" back, cutout, intake, and my MPS is on the way. Should be here by Friday. and I have 3.29 gears.

hell with your GTP get a turbo dodge and be faster than your GTP. your choice though.

I guess I'm not really convinced that an old turbo dodge could be faster than my GTP for the amount I want to spend. And the last thing I want to do is have another car slower than my daily, that's stupid. Clark show me some cheap, simple mods that I could do and for what results.

thanks

Buck, what are you doing for tuning?