2005, a year of your car.

Buck531

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No mods, just put a new shift knob in car last January. I did drive it more in 05 though. Took 1st road trip in it last May, went to anniversary party for my parents in Pgh. Car did fine & wife actually enjoyed it. Car did 29 mpg on the highway!!! Can't wait til spring to drive her some more ---

No mods, just put a new shift knob in car last January. I did drive it more in 05 though. Took 1st road trip in it last May, went to anniversary party for my parents in Pgh. Car did fine & wife actually enjoyed it. Car did 29 mpg on the highway!!! Can't wait til spring to drive her some more ---

mr. stock you know you want to spray the hell out of that thing. you have to keep your Rep up about being cooler than your kids. :)

OLD CLEETUS ('86 Chevy C10 longbed, V6)

>stripped and donated Xmas, 2004

NEW CLEETUS ('85 Chevy C10 longbed, V8)

>Bought on eBay for $900, picked up from Pittsburgh

>emergency front caliper rebuild on maiden voyage

>new front springs (diesel)

>full front suspension overhaul, new front brakes

>Currently sitting in undisclosed parking lot until permanent home can be found

Moved to Florida in August :)

CORVETTE

>New drilled/slotted brakes, pads, SS brake lines

>HID fog light conversion

>SLP Exhaust

>DelTeq ignition system

1967 JEEPSTER COMMANDO!!!

>Bought on eBay for $1325, picked it up in Miami

>rebuilt Holley carb (all by myself!!! :D)

>rebuilt rear drum brakes

>total dash rewiring (hack job by previous owner with good intentions)

PASSAT

>Oil change

>Now needs CV boot, new brakes...

Ha ha ha. Actually I don't want to spray her at all. I need to stop spending my $$$ on my kids so I can purchase the twin turbo's. That would probably help me with both my rep & my time slips!!!!!! lol

That spray thing (after seeing John's piston) doesn't excite me at all. I think my posture comes from the sixties era?????

Celica ran good, Monte Carlo was broke

Celica breaks down Monte carlo runs fine

Monte gets a stutter right before fixxing the celica again ...

then the year was good.

Had the monte towed home from PA. And then the real pain in the ass started

now it's winter and the celica ran good all year long ... until winter and the heater core and radiator went out within 48 hours of each other ... now I'm driving the monte carlo until I can get the heater core replaced in the celica ....

which is so fuckin exciting let me tell ya ...

GSXR 1000: Sold and dearly missed....stupid house

A4: Turned it into my detailing "van". Always loaded with crap, wasn't fast to begin with, just keep it clean and pray it doesn't break with 130K + miles, curbed one of the 19's done in a custom finish...can't get a replacement! At least it still looks good.

325ci: Returned to stock and sold

M3: Picked up in Feb. First track event in May. Realized how much more fun the car was on track than the bike (fun not exciting...not to get them confused), Realized how much more expensive the M3 is on track than the bike, Wife realized how much fun the M3 is on track too, realized how expensive it is to pay for 2 people to do track days, realized how expensive it is to do track maintenance for 2 people (pads last about 1 weekend for both of us). Frustrated I don't get to drive it daily.

2006: Spec Miata or E36 M3 in my future???...r-compounds for M3???, big brakes for the M3???...the only definite is that it won't be cheap but will be fun.

Andy

The 2005 review for my 1997 Integra GSR:

**Started the year with a manifold and turbo upgrade (equal length mani and a gt35R)

laid down 521whp 408tq at 23psi (ran out of injectors)

**Spent the spring trying to break into the 11's

**Got in an accident and talked my insurance into not totaling my car and paying for an all new JDM conversion for the front of my car

**Got my car back after 2 months at body shop (Looks Perfect)

**Went back to track still seeking my 11 sec pass

**Finally did at Milan under the lights event 11.85@124

**Started working at SlowMotion Motorsports

**Went to Nopi and sucked bad but watched my boss run back to back 9's in his hatch and win the Turbo 4 class!!!

**Now my car is under the knife again 1000cc injectors, better intake manifold, and upgraded from Hondata S200 to S300

**Next we retune and redyno and hit the 600whp mark!!

**This winter remove ABS and PS.

That is All!

restored my 88' MR2, striped all exirior peices painted it, put it all back togeater, a few performance things hear and thare, but mainly getting it up to ware it should be stock, then at the peak of when things were perfect, i wreaked it................................................................................................................................................

then i bought a rabbit, and it's 4X better than when i bought it, (witch is still rely bad)

Spring time - Installed full header, developed hissing sound that is prevelant to this day.

June - Received WW kit, did a half ass install, but it hung in there till Fall

Summer/Fall - contemplated turbo set up, ordered some parts, changed mind, sold parts off.

End of Fall - "winterized" car (17"s and WW kit came off)

2006 - probably put WW kit back on, but do it right. Maybe sell some parts off the car and ones I have lying around in preperation to sell the car. Hope to buy a newer, faster car come Summer time.

June/July - Bought car (late June), installed header/downpipe and CAI, tint added, installed RSTB, put in chrome kickplates

Fall - Installed Tein NAs, replaced clutch, Painted grille, Installed WW lip

Winter - Installed prothane inserts for motor mounts, installed G35 HIDs

Neon-

Let them take the POS back.

AE86-

Blew it's head gasket on new years day.

Spent january fixing it, got a delivery driver job using it, carb failed badly, car has been out of service since.

RX-7

Bought it, drove it for a while, clutch went out, and had to move, I don't have it anymore.

Prizm

Bought it, hated it, sold it.

Probe

Bought it, got another delivery driving job, started fixing it, some asshole hit it and ran, been saving up to fix it.

Metro

Bought it the day after the hit and run happened, was smashed to fuck when I got it, spent some time at U-Wrench-It, and some money at Rolla's and it looks better now. I want to sell it, because it's boring and I got the probe driveable again, though smacked a bit.

put fuel injected small block in the buick w/ th-400 still not finished wiring it up yet

replaced engine in sunbird when the block cracked

bought a contour from derek and traded it for the sunbird

blew up a turbo dodge twice and sold it for scrap

put a gt-40 explorer motor in a t-bird (under the stock hood :) ) and sold it

picked up a v-8 ranger project

think thats it

this year the ranger gets efi so I can use it to go back and forth to work in

the buick will run this year ( I promise)

and if I get all that done the sunbird is due for a new tranny