Getting your Temps?Did you pass on the first try?

fooswinger

Well I'm looking to get my temps on saturday so I can go riding and everyone tells me you'll fail the first time.

If I throughly go through that book I think I should be fine right?

Let me know if anyone else had problems w/the temps test?Anything I should know or if anyone remembers any certain trick questions.

thanks fellas

I would call the DMV office and see what "THEY" expect you to do locally. Every place is different so they may want to see something that isn't in the book. That will also give you an idea of what you have to work with if it takes place in there parking lot or wherever.

For the hell of it, you could go out and practice a few times if you are a beginner. Otherwise, I would think it is pretty easy.

In Texas, they would just follow you in a car and honk for left or right and then watch your line and score you on handling the bike. But in Mississippi, they said go to the end of the parking lot turn around and come back. No problem but the lot was barely big enough to turn a sportbike around in PLUS it was gravel so....things could get sporty depending on the local requirements....

My post was in relation to the RIDING porting when you are ready for your license. The book test you def need to study because shit you would NOT do is on the test....

Someone that doesn't ride wrote the test from what I could tell. Do they still have on there to ride in the center of the lane? Dumb asses..... :mad:

I passed on the first try, rode the bike for a few months, sold the bike got a MUCH bigger bike, went and took the riding portion of the test on a shadow 1100, if it's possiable to pass on a big ass heavy crusier bike, with no turning radius, and the damn cones were spaced at my wheel base, damn near anyone should be able to pass. When I took the riding portions, everyone passed, except for one kid on a gixxer 750, he dropped it during the cone weave. I kinda felt bad for him, the damn bike was brand new, still had the temp tags on it. I think he dropped it cause the bike was too tall for him.

I passed my temp test on the first try. 3 months later I took my driving test and passed it with a perfect score.

A guy I work with told me if I could go from steering lock to steering lock doing figure 8's at low speed and keep my feet off the ground then going through the cones is a cake walk. He was right.

I passed my temp test everytime I got them (I kept going year-after-year).

This last time, after getting my bike and having been out of it for 6 years, I got my temp packet ($22 as opposed to the $6.50 they used to be WTF?), and sat in the parking lot to read through the book, then went and took the test. It was as easy as I remember.

i took the temp test out on alum creek dr. i think they fucked up though and gave me the test for getting a car license, because there were NO motorcycle related questions on the test. it was all car shit, like which way do you pull over when an ambulance is coming, and who has right of way when 2 cars come to a 4 way stop at the same time.

Got the book from a friend at 8pm...read it a couple times and had friends quiz me for a little bit........next morning passed it easily...........temps expired....took it again without looking at the book and passed w/ a better grade....its all about if you know basic shit about riding.

p.s.

I still have my temps cuz I'm a loser

Pased them twice never failed, took the MSF class learned a lot, and now I have my endorsement. My year of probation is over in August. The bitch was when I got my endorsement I had to get a new licence = $24. My old licence expires in april on my B-day. Now the new licence still expires on my B-day this year! WTF! SO I have to pay another $24! :bs: