Had the STI Dyno-Tuned today

SpaceGhost

I put down 269hp and 319TQ on the "heartbreak" dyno(93 octane). I am very pleased, I started at 241hp and 288TQ. It pulls all the way to redline now and and is very smooth. I put down 278hp and 330TQ with sunoco GT100. This is with 1 highflow cat and a paper air filter and stock turbo running around 19lbs(.14Mpa). I have been told this dyno reads 30% lower than others, Alex's Black STI only put down 50Xhp here and 678hp at slomotion. Total money invested in small mods and tune, $1700.

Here is a video of her on Buschur's Mustang Dyno today.

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/DynoVids/STIdyno3252006_026.MOV

Here is the pump gas dyno sheet TQ is blue, HP is Red:

http://www.columbusdiscgolf.com/DynoVids/PumpgasDynosheet.jpg

Those are good numbers for a Mustang Dyno. Why are you still running a paper filter?

K&N filters like to oil up mAss air flow sensors and paper filters are good in our cars. Amazingly the stock airbox with a stock turbo on an STI flows really well. Basically an intake is not needed untill you go to a bigger turbo then I would see a gain. I was advised by the tuner to leave the stock airbox and filter in the car.

I guess we need to have a AWD Dyno Day at Slowmotion some time soon, maybe we could get the price down a little. I'm interested to see the difference.

K&N filters like to oil up the MAss air flow sensors and paper filters are good in our cars. Amazingly the stock airbox with a stock turbo on an STI flows really well. Basically an intake is not needed untill you go to a bigger turbo then I would see a gain. I was advised by the tuner to leave the stck airbox and filter in the car.

Gotcha. I've never had a problem with a K&N oiling up my MAF but have heard of others having some issues.

I guess we need to have a AWD Dyno Day at Slowmotion some time soon, maybe we could get the price down a little. I'm interested to see the difference.

I think they're having a dyno day/cookout coming up this spring.

BTW, nice numbers. Have you ever ran Sunoco 94?

Guest Removed
Gotcha. I've never had a problem with a K&N oiling up my MAF but have heard of others having some issues.

People only have that problem, when they dont service the filter the right way! Over oiling is just the start!

some people never learn :nono:

others cars including alex's STI put 508hp on Buschur's Mustang dyno and 768 at slowmotion = 30%. You all could be right, I was just repeating what I was told on site at Buschur's shop. All that maters anyway is the gain I got. I thinks I have a 12 sec car now.....I will have to find out.

Space Ghost,

nice numbers ... yeah the vf39 has small balls...

i was gonna get a tune but i think since the car is sold its best to goto stock and smile!

nice numbers, BigMike increased +50whp and 65 Ft/lb of torque when he got his stage 2 tuned at switzer.

nice!

come out to SHot this friday, lets talk!