How much did gas cost when you started driving???

Akula

started driving in 98, hmm that's a lie i was driving when i was 16 in 96, i didn't bother to get my liscense until I was 18... But anyways in 96-98 gas prices we're anywhere from .78's(rarely) to .93 (Which was an OUTRAGE).

I'd KILL for under two dollars now.

T.c.

premium was $1.16.

It took a century for gas to go up the first dollar, it's rising a dollar a year, now.

And we continue to pay it. Does this mean we where ripping off the oil companies for the first 100 years?

Anyways, about .85 when I started driving on the roads in 96.

I think maybe .75 when I started driving tractors in 88.

Gas isn't a want, it's a Need. Maybe the government will start charging us to breath their air..

What a horrible fucking argument. Are you going to complain about us being able to be charged for water? That is WAY more of a need than gas is. The other problem is, Gas and Water are both private, so what do you want? Communism? Have fun with that

Damn I'm old!!!!!!!! Got my license in 1968, Sunoco leaded 110 octane cost .32 a gallon, regular ran around .27 a gallon. My 1st brand new car was a 1972 Datsun B210, I could fill it from empty for like $3.25!!!!!!!!!! & yes I DO remember those days - they are now GONE forever ----

when i started driving gas was around $1... now since i only get 94 it is like 3.10ish which i do not enjoy at all. but on saterday i went to the sunoco in westerville on walnut and 3 and i prepayed and asked for 94 and the lady was like alright and when i went back to my car to pump my gas i looked at the pump and it said 2.14 for the 94.. i was like that is so awsome. so either the lady that worked there really messed up or she was deathly in love with me...

i just thought that was a cool story

matt

I think it was around a buck a gallon when I started. But I was never really bothered when it started going up; all they ever told us in science class was gas was going to run out, so I figured price increase was inevitable.