custom painting the bike

XChris1632X

im custom painting my harley (in the sig). i can do it for virtually no money and i enjoy doing it so i figured why not. personally i love the paint thats on it but im gonna paint it to sell it and try to give it some more appeal. after all its only a sportster it needs what ever it can get. i usually have decent ideas when it comes to paint but im lost on this. i dont know if its because its mine and im picky but i dont know what to do. obviously flames would appeal to a buyer but everyone does flames. at the same time im doing it at school and im already in the process of building a roll cage, gear swap, clutch swap, and two sets of heads to port in four weeks of time so im limited on how much time i have to work on paint and not get to detailed. throw out some ideas if you got them.

green with a big gold flake and an orange pearl top coat. look on ebay you can pick up the flake and pearl cheap. i would do a light and dark base coat (like a two tone) for some real cool contrast with the green ( since green is so transparent) gold flake over the green ( mix it in with the first coat of clear over reduce it to make it thin) then shoot the pearl the same as the flake and bury it in with a couple coats of clear. sand it buff it and enjoy it in the light.

you know i was thinking about using the torch and maybe trying the whole water thing because i havent done it yet. my deal is that i need to just get it done quick and not too intricate. i really like green like that though. im trying to picture what i would do with the gold leaf. im liking the idea though plus i get all of that shit for free. ppg and hok. i really need to learn how to use photo shop, maybe i will try to draw something up. anymore ideas would also still be apreciated though.