What type of Labtop?

Guest FooFooMaru

Guest FooFooMaru

My girlfriend is going to college in the fall and has a $1,000 to get a labtop. I'm not big on 'em so what type of recommendations would you have?!

Thanks

get onto ebay... I just bought my g-f a Dell Latitude C600 which is a 850 mhz, 512 ram, Windows XP and Office 2k3 for 130 dollars.... they are work horses... I have the C610 for my personal laptop and it's great for office, browsing the internet, etc... just no games.

Guest FooFooMaru

Not very computer literate and going into Nursing. She probably won't buy from ebay because not use to it so most likely going to best buy and looking at some gateways and dell because they are getting the best feedback so far from people i've asked :D

Thanks so far

nurkvinny-you're naaaaaaughty :lol:

Anyone else want to point out the typo? Anyone? Did we all catch it? Ok! moving on...

Micro Center seems to have a good selection of laptops. Go there and you can get some ideas. They're located right near 315 and bethel.

I bought a Dell 700m for a pretty good deal and I love it.. I'm the type that prefers small compact stuff so this is the downsized version of this model and I love it. It's a flippin' beast and does everything I can ask for. I'm pretty partial to the screen too, the picture is amazing... I had read that they have a downside with the battery life so I upgraded to a higher capacity batter and it has great battery life.

I saw that Pet Smart had the dog summer ware on sale. Lab's are a bit hard to buy for though due to their size. I just let mine wear one of my old shirts, till I realized he just pissed all over it. Truth is that little dogs with tops on are cute. Big dogs like labs are not really suited (pardon the pun) for wearing tops.

:)

Dude no Dont get a dell their service sucks take it from me I work at columbus micro systems down the road from micro center on westerville road we have a great service and you can bring it in whenever no waiting forever to ship your system back to you come down talk to a sales person and they will hook you up with what you need nothing more nothing less...