This sucks! What can I do?

93toNV

Well, I just freakin bought a 2006 Ford Fusion less than a month ago, it still even has the temp tags on it. Then today I find out that Ford is now offering 0% Fincancing on it for 72months! Is there any way I can still get in on that? Or am I SOL?

Guest BlackBimmer
Who owns Volvo now? Anybody?...Anybody?

Kinda why their shitty now.....I'd like to see a newer Volvo last as long as the pre-Ford ones did. Same goes for Saab (GM) just plan junk....I've driven tons of the new ones and I would get a Honda or Toyota anyday over one of those two cars.

Yes, don't go down without a fight or at least some threats you CAN and WILL backup. You'd be amazed what some CALM bitching and some phone calls will and/or letters will do. Just gotta figure what it's worth to you.

I agree 100%

Just make a few phone calls and see what can be done.

But there is a 90% chance....SOL

Who owns Volvo now? Anybody?...Anybody?

exactly why i wont ever buy a Volvo newer then 2004.. previous to 2004 they are isolatide from the retards at Ford, using many Mitsubishi Parts the reliabilty is 100 times better.

just to show you the defernce ive put around 20K on my car with no CEL's at all, oil changes and other wear item i.e. breaks and rotors.. thats all ive had to put in.. the new ones have lots of eletrical problems and the trannys have been known to go out around 35K... thanks to FORD they have runied a once great Car company..

1) Volvo was never a great company. They've always had the ugliest and most overpriced cars on the planet.

2) Pontiac... anybody?

3) Chevy - Cheap heap, every valve yells

4) Ford - Fucker only runs downhill

5) What's the difference between a Volvo and a porcupine? With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

1) Volvo was never a great company. They've always had the ugliest and most overpriced cars on the planet.

2) Pontiac... anybody?

3) Chevy - Cheap heap, every valve yells

4) Ford - Fucker only runs downhill

5) What's the difference between a Volvo and a porcupine? With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

some volvos are ugly some are not, the older ones were not to attractive the new S40 is the just plain stupid, but tell me one good looking car that can go 1million miles on the engine.. or prove time after time that they know how to build engines that will outlast the body panels itself... chevys,ford, and dodge just try to be puttering around after the 200K mark.. but thats if your actully on the first or even second motors.

as for the prick comment.. im sure they run in your family sedan lineup also.

the deal is already bought and the financing already in place....you're SOL... but calc. out any rebates or promo's you got....they may not be offering them any longer and the likelyhood of them offering both 0% and the rebates/discounts together is slim. usually it's one or the other. so in the end, the financial hurt might not be too bad.

Well, I just freakin bought a 2006 Ford Fusion less than a month ago, it still even has the temp tags on it. Then today I find out that Ford is now offering 0% Fincancing on it for 72months! Is there any way I can still get in on that? Or am I SOL?

chevys,ford, and dodge just try to be puttering around after the 200K mark.. but thats if your actully on the first or even second motors.

i wouldnt necessarily make a decision based on that belief. anyone who can do basic maintenance can keep an engine going longer than a few hundred thousand miles.

i pulled my N/A 2.3 to do the swap at 208XXX miles, cylinders had no taper, still had cross hatch, bearings showed little ware (still well within spec when checked with plasti-guage), the engine didnt use any fluids, leak any fluids or have any mechanical or electrical issues to hinder its performance....

that engine could have gone another 200K+ miles without any problems with the usual maintanance.

the deal is already bought and the financing already in place....you're SOL... but calc. out any rebates or promo's you got....they may not be offering them any longer and the likelyhood of them offering both 0% and the rebates/discounts together is slim. usually it's one or the other. so in the end, the financial hurt might not be too bad.

Yeah, usually when they are offering 0% the dealer is actually "buying the rate down" for you so they can only discount the car so much. In all reality the total price you paid for your car with interest may end up being the same as the 0% because they will have to pay more for the car. They just pay for the interest up front in the price of the car vs. on the back end with the interest rate. So as long as you did a good job "haggling" on your car you are probably just as well off. Let me know if that doesn't make any sense.

but tell me one good looking car that can go 1million miles on the engine.. or prove time after time that they know how to build engines that will outlast the body panels itself...

HONDA

TOYOTA

NISSAN

but as turboranger said... its all in how you keep the car. scheduled maintenace and good care will make a vehicle last forever.

i change my oil every 3k miles on all vehicles with good oil, keep up wiht tune ups, filter changes, grease fittings, make sure everythign is clean on top of that stuff. and doing scheduled maitenance will prevent bigger things from happening.

example hondas should have timing belt and water pump done at 100k. if you dont do that.. the possibility for the water pump to go out, the car overheat, and pop a head gasket or worse it greatly increased.

if you do it at the correct time, another 100k FTW

You guys are overlooking the obvious...Any car maker could make their car go a million miles if they wanted to...but if your car will run for a million miles and not wearout or rust...how many new cars are you likely to buy? Like we say in the Pharma industry..there is no money in the cure!

You guys are overlooking the obvious...Any car maker could make their car go a million miles if they wanted to...but if your car will run for a million miles and not wearout or rust...how many new cars are you likely to buy? Like we say in the Pharma industry..there is no money in the cure!

Thats the truth. I have a feeling the japanese imports only lasted a long time because they had to build quality to get americans to buy them. Now that we buy them they can work on making serious profits by cutting corners. Toyota has cheapened there trucks every year since the tacoma came out and at the same time the price has been going up.

As for just taking care of a car to make it last 200K+ that doesn't seem to be correct. In my job field all the field service techs drive all types of cars. The guys with the japanese imports are all buying the car at 100 to 150K and running them up over 300K. The domestic car buyers get them around 80K and run them to 150K before there done. There is the one guy that has 400K on his 1970 Chevelle with the big block that still ain't done anything to it except fixing leaks and alternators/starters. He bought the car new in 1970 as well so maybe he did take care of it or maybe he's just getting lucky everytime he drives it.

Evan

very true and the newer Volvos would be a miracle to have them last as long as the old ones did... Older volvos were not about looks they were about getting out what you put into them for a very long time.. hondas yea they can last but need to be very well cared for.. it all depends upon the owner and the brand specific hardware they put into the car.

Back on topic / I work as a fin mgr at a dealership.

1) Yes you & your lender own that Ford on the terms you signed & agreed to 3 weeks ago. The dealer obviously gave you a deal or you wouldn't have purchased it. At that time on THAT day, the dealer gave you whatever rebates were in place, discounts etc. The fact that Ford has tweaked their program (again), oh well you're sol. But like someone posted earlier - bottom line is your deal is "probably" just as good (the way the #'s unfold) back then as they would be had you bought that car today! Don't be all pissed off & threatening the dealer. Enjoy your Ford, drive it, & move on -

Best advice anyone can give you -