Do you have a cutout???

V8 Beast

I had a QTEC on my car with a stock muffler for nearly 2 years. With the cutout closed, the car would reach full boost at 5400 rpms (on a t3/t4). With the cutout open it was about 3900 rpms for 18psi. The difference was just stupid for spoolup. On a turbo car its pretty bad ass b/c you can really hear the turbo whistle. I'm really surprised that Jon picked up 50whp from the cutout, how restrictive are the f-body exhausts? Good lord.

I've had one on my car for over 5 years, NEVER cap it and never get a ticket. I've tried just about all the E-Cutout valves and they all have failed/fallen apart on me.

Thats the only issue I have with them. I have fixed my qtp twice in the last week. Its easy to fix, but its annoying.

i have a race ready electric cut-out from jegs. the screws fell out of the motor. so the wires ripped off the motor while it was dragging on the ground. i soldered the wires and put bigger screws in to hold the motor. never had a problem since. i only close it when i drive throught the housing plat.