What would you do?

Bam

I bought this 5.0l foxbody and so far it runs great and is fast. I plan on modding it more if I keep it. It needs an overhaul body and interior wise, but that's something I can do in the garage. This would be a weekend/summer car, just something to race and have fun with. But insurance aint cheap and I could spend the money better.

Or...

My dad bought a Factory Five Cobra Kit car this summer and its a stock 302 w/ stock suspension etc, that all the the parts off this mustang I just bought will bolt right up to it. My dad's cool and only drives the Cobra like 1-2 times per week, never races it or takes it out to meets or whatnot. So we talked about modding that and he's like you can, but its fine for me and just cruising, you know, older guy just wants a nice car to drive. Anywhoo, he said I can take it out on the weekends, to the track, etc whenever I want, if i break something, I fix it, no big deal. Now this car is a looker and just needs more power, so I'm happy to mod it while not having to pay insurance on it or for the car in general besides mods, real nice. But then again, it'd not "my car" and there's that stigma about racing "your dads" car. I'd put all the stock parts from his cobra on the mustang I bought and resell it to recoup some money.

So what would you do? Just looking for some opinions, I just flat out can't make up my mind.

damn, you guys make it hard to justify the $2k i paid for the car, lol. Oh well, that's what I'll probably end up doing because if I wanted to drive the Cobra all the time, I wouldn't be having second thoughts. Thing is, its scary to drive and I don't fit in it all that well. Plus I just got a quote back from my insurance agent and its only $350/6 months to insure the mustang, 6months will get me thru the summer and I don't need insurance when its parked in the garage all year.

Now turboing it is a whole other ballpark. This thing has the bottom end out of a 95, with the hyper euratic (read, crap) compared to the stock foxbody bottom end, so I'm not sure about boost with this thing. We'll see though, its a 12 second car NA, and the fastest car I've owned to date, so I might just drive it, maybe a small shot down the road.