What would you buy for $2500ish project car wise?

Bam

A friend of mine wants a project car, but for whatever purpose he wants a FWD car. I'm trying to steer him away from it, more towards RWD/AWD, but I'm out of suggestions on the cars/possilby power from them, so I'm looking for suggestions.

He wants a mid 12 second car, obviously if he buys the car for $2500ish it most likely won't run 12's, so he's going to mod it and have fun with it, he just needs a good platform to begin with.

Subarua and I have a shitty old Daytona Shelby with many many spare parts and a motor in the passenger seat...doesn't run, the hood is off...driver window is broken. Would your friend be interested in a mad cheap car? I dunno if subarua would get rid of it, but yeah...maybe.

DSM i had less than 1800 in my dsm and it was an easy 12 second car.

That is a good platform to work with, however, Dsm's are far from relible and honestly if you buy one plan on putting at least twice what you put into it for it to run right. Most people on this forum will disagree, but everyone that I know who has had a Dsm has had problems and just one example is my friends car which has not seen significant road time in three years now. Simply because everytime something is fixed something else breaks. They are fast cars when done right, but finding one that isn't trashed and abused is almost impossible.

A friend of mine wants a project car, but for whatever purpose he wants a FWD car. I'm trying to steer him away from it, more towards RWD/AWD, but I'm out of suggestions on the cars/possilby power from them, so I'm looking for suggestions.

He wants a mid 12 second car, obviously if he buys the car for $2500ish it most likely won't run 12's, so he's going to mod it and have fun with it, he just needs a good platform to begin with.

I'll be selling my Laser after our last autocross in Nov. It's really clean and I bought it off the original owner. He obviously would have to get a turbo engine though, don't know if he'd up for that. But I'll be selling it for $2500!!

I'll be selling my Laser after our last autocross in Nov. It's really clean and I bought it off the original owner. He obviously would have to get a turbo engine though, don't know if he'd up for that. But I'll be selling it for $2500!!

Yeah......no....