Can you paint? Make some $$$

Dr. Pomade

I am moving out from my apartment and I need to have several walls in the place primed.

I have all of the materials already - a 5-gallon bucket of primer, paint brushes (two rollers), an extender, two pans for the paint, and a trimmer brush. I also have old sheets to lay down on the carpet for the spills. Essentially, then, all I need is someone to paint the apartment.

Three rooms, a kitchen, and a small bathroom will need primed. The painting doesn't have to be pretty - just on there in a sufficient amount to cover the paint that's on there.

The painting can be done on any or all of these days: Saturday the 28th after 3:00pm, all day Sunday the 29th, all day on Monday the 30th, and up until 2:00pm on Tuesday the 31st. My lease is up on Tuesday the 31st and I have to do a walk-through with the apartment complex management, so the painting needs to be done before then. I'll be moved out by the afternoon on Saturday the 28th, so, essentially, the apartment will be completely open after that.

I don't need to be here when you paint. I'll give you a key and you can come and paint at your convenience.

I'll pay $100 for this. If you think that's not enough, then PM me and we'll negotiate. If someone is willing to do it for less than that, well PM me your fee and we'll go from there.

Sure, I'm capable of doing this myself. However, I don't think I'm going to have the time to do it with all the other stuff I have going on.

Feel free to call me with questions or concerns: 614.325.5970.

-Tilley

$100?!?! Good luck with that one.

That would be a 3 hour job with a crew of 4. Roughly. Assuming they were pros.

So what, everybody is a fucking painter by trade? Maybe the guys a doctor or something and a C note might get it taken care of. A lot of people need some $ on here, and here's someone putting an opertunity out there for them. What, are you going to broker a paint deal for someone? Sit down, shut up, and no talking.

Thanks for the PM's - looks like there's plenty of interest.

Rayman - dude, I'm not a fucking painter. If I was, then I'd do this myself. So, I threw out a price, and also qualified it by saying something to the effect of "if it's not enough, then PM me to discuss it." Thanks for ignoring that fact and for trying to fuck up my thread instead.

Mojoe - thanks for e-bitch slapping Rayman.

Paul - I got it. I also responded to your PM.

Ken - no, I want to buy a condo, just not yet. I'm thinking in the next few months when the market stabilizes just a bit. (Though, it's really looking like a buyer's market right now.)

R1 Jon - Yeah, I'm moving back toward downtown. But, you know I'm still down for Polaris get-togethers. :)

Ken - no, I want to buy a condo, just not yet. I'm thinking in the next few months when the market stabilizes just a bit. (Though, it's really looking like a buyer's market right now.)

Word, Im buying my first HUD right now. I'm looking at things that are 30-40k undervalued. It is a great market if you dont plan to sell for a bit.

I bought a bank reposession... as long as you know what to look for then you can get a nice place for under value... bad thing is.... even though you think you pay under value it turns out you've paid what the market value is.

Thanks to everyone for the inquires, replies, and so forth.

After additional consideration, offering only $100 for the amount of painting I needed was way too little. So, in good faith, I'll couldn't be that exploitive. (There were a few people who were willing to do it for $100, BTW. However, I think they were mostly offering to do the work as a favor/friendly gesture, though.) Anyway, I'm no longer in the market for painters.

Mods/Admins - feel free to move/lock/delete this thread.

So what, everybody is a fucking painter by trade? Maybe the guys a doctor or something and a C note might get it taken care of. A lot of people need some $ on here, and here's someone putting an opertunity out there for them. What, are you going to broker a paint deal for someone? Sit down, shut up, and no talking.

I used to be a painter. And I was just letting the man know that $100 wasn't going to cut it. There was no disrespect in my post. A lot of people do need money, I'm one of them. But for $100, you couldn't even get mexicans to do that. Granted people can offer to do it on good gesture, like he said. And I was going to try to help him out by suggesting some painters. But after seeing how much he was offering, I was letting him know that it would cost more.

So in short: Kiss my ass!