How much is your insurance?

BuckeyeGT

I am 19, have 6 points on my license, and want to insure a 99 z28. I am looking for insurance w/ collision coverage. Does anyone have a similar situation to me? if so, how much are you paying for insurance? (i was suppose to put a deposit on a z28 today, but i think i may want to get some insurance quotes beforehand)

i was sorta in the same boat as you. my record isnt great, but luckily a few things have dropped off, and in the last 3 years, all i have on my record is 1 at fault accident and a comp claim over $1,000. i checked a couple places, and i ended up going with progressive. for me being 21, full coverage (due to loan) on a 1995 acura integra gsr (2dr) im paying 210/mo. seems like a lot, but i was paying 180 on a 2003 elantra base model. i was thinking it would be more for the integra, so when i saw a 30$ increase, i jumped on it

and they got me my paperwork in the mail within about 5 days

http://www.progressive.com

I got some really goofy quotes on my Mach1 when I was 22 w/ 4 points. State Farm wanted something like $450/mo, Progressive wanted $200/mo. I ended up somewhere around $800 per 6 months (with Geico). At 19 w/ that many points, it's gonna be a bitch... but don't get too frustrated over one bad quote, it happens I guess.

My wife and I have no points and we are over 25. I pay around $1200 a year for my 97 Z71 pickup, 97 Volvo, 87 Corvette, 92 5.0 Mustang through Traveler's. All vehicles have full coverage. The other vette and cars are through Hagerty which run $200 annually. You are in a tough position, having points on your license, under 25 and not being married.

Truck, bare minimum, ~370 for 6mos, 19 with 0 points.

Boat, still going back and forth with Lloyds of London, no none will insure it.

When I looked at buying a fun car last year, I was going to keep a second car, as a daily driver, and have it insured cheap. Then for the fun car get collector car insurance. My dad has collector insurance, was 50% cheaper than state farm was going to do, and has an agreed value of about 5k more than the car is worth now. Something to think about....

progressive quoted me at $407/month. wasnt pleased.

well, i dont know what to tell you. 6pts at 19 is going to kill you

what you can do, which is risky as hell, is to take out a personal loan (not an auto loan) so the bank will not require you to take out comprehensive insurance...you can have liability only...the bad part is if you total the vehicle out, insurance wont cover it and you will still have to pay that loan off

A few points. RX 7 and Subaru, Allstate has me at $570 every 6 months. That's full coverage on the Suby and on the RX 7 I have a stated policy for $XX,XXX, saying if the car is totaled or stolen I get paid this amount no questions asked. I have a very good relationship with Allstate and can have them look into a quote for you. PM me if interested.