How much is your insurance?

BuckeyeGT

He likes to hit people, so liability is not an option.. :p

I had to read my post and yours a few times to see if you were joking. I believe you are. But, just to explain.

The suby and a credit card are all I have on my credit. Meaning; the only things building and keeping my scores up. Therefore; Suby has full coverage. The RX 7 is subject to me wrecking at the track, street or being stolen very easily. My stated policy is far better than full coverage and Allstate has looked at all my receipts for what I have done to the car, to include 8 wheels and new tires.

After Rotardeds accident this year, there was no way I wanted to go through what he did. I highly recommended making sure you have the coverage that you want on your car, especially if you have modded it. I paid cash for everything done to the RX 7. Not being able to get my cash back is just a bad investment.

Man you guys are lucky I havent been in any car trouble since i was 18 and joined the military but now at 22 I still pay 180 a month liability on a 98 monte carlo ls, but what can i say I was stupid when i was younger. Some things on the rap sheet- hit n run(17) - dui(17) - Tryin to run (17) - Numerous seat belt viloations (last one 18) - and two wrecks totaling about 2,000 in damage (last one 18). So all I can say is dont be a freakin idot out on the road cause you will pay.

I was paying 658/mo Full Coverage, $1000 Deductible for my old 97' Cobra. But now I pay $125/mo for my Explorer and 5.0.

holy fuck i had to read this 3x before i realized you were saying 658/month and not 658/6 months. thats insane. why did you keep that car?

thinking about it, for another 50$ i could pay my rent and my car payment.

im guessing your about 89, married, and 0 points.

Nope. 32 years old, married, multi-car discount, no points on my license. Heck, I haven't had any points on my license since I was 21. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times:

1. As a male, you are already screwed. Keep your nose clean. No more than 10 over the speed limit, don't drive like an idiot.

2. Don't drive anything decent until you are out of college and/or making some decent money. I'm sorry, but anyone paying more than $150 - $200 a month for insurance on a car is a sucker. I drove shit until I was about 22. Then my rates started coming down enough to where I could afford a decent car. At that point, it was $130 a month for a 1993 Cobra. And even that drove me crazy. Hence I only kept it for a few months.

3. Shop around for rates. Get on your parent's insurance if you can. And if you are military or directly related to a military member, get a policy with USAA. Twice for the hell of it I checked out rates from other companies. Both times when they asked me who my current company was and when I told them, they said this was a waste of my time, as no one beats USAA's rates. :)

This isn't a slam toward you, but you thought I was 89, so I was just setting you straight. Just figured I'd give some good advice, as I've been in that position of trying to get insurance on a muscle car at that age... :nod: