Are you leary of salvage titles?

wnaplay1647545503

The reasoning is use of the car and inspection by myself to determine the extent of what the damage was and to see if it was repaired correctly. There are many reasons a car can be deemed salvage. It is a per car basis and in my opinion only people who understand this and are able to inspect the car and make a reasonable decision based on that should buy them.

Depends on what kind of car and why it has a Salvage title.It would also depend on what you were going to do with the car.A buddy of mine bought a 4x4 Dodge Cummins pickup that had a salvage title from an accident.He saved a TON of money and since he said he was never going to sell the truck the salvage title didn't bother him.I would NEVER buy a flood car.

powers said it well

depends why it was salvaged

if it was a simple reason - doesn't matter

I had a 1967 Grand Prix, 350 HP 4 spd - neat car

It was a salvage title because in the early 80's someone dented the rear bumper. The rear bumper for that car is almost $500. For a car that was worth $1,000 back then - insurance paid the car off and made it a salvage title

Like NOS50 said - really depends...

However, regardless - you have to think about resale

You might believe the story on why it's a salvage title, but would the next buyer?

Resale will definitely be hurt

if you resell a lot of the vehicles you buy, and quickly...it's something to take into account

So, if you're going to buy to use and you don't think the salvage was a problem - it's worth it

If you buy/resell your vehicles every few years and might have to dump some money into this one to get it right or maintain it - might not be worth it cuz you won't get the $ back out

flood cars not to bad if you want a clean shell but you'd need to redo everything else

most cars salvage out becuase the repair exceedes the value of the car

on an old car that could be a dent or a scratch

on a new car it usually means a heavy hit or flood damage

always carefully inspect a salvage title car before a purchase, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if all the damage had been repaired properly

Check with your insurance carrier, some insurance companies won't insure any salvage titled vehicle for anything more than strictly liability at state minimums. Resale is HUGE! If it carries a salvage brand on the title, you can expect that the retail value of the vehicle is about half of the clean titled equivalent vehicle. For a project/trail/race car, it's probably not a bad way to go. If you're gonna be driving it regularly, do yourself a favor and find someone you trust to inspect it very carefully.

my .02??? I doubt I'd consider a car with a salvage title & agree with all of the earlier posts / regarding a bike???? NO WAY would I buy one that has a salvage title, why?? They've got 2 wheels, small frame, if it's got a salvage title I'm not putting my fat ass on it, driving somewhere & have it malfunction when I'm doing 35 mph +++ Only (possible) exception might be an off road dirt bike & even then I'm just not comfortable with this scenario. If I purchased another bike I'd pay the price for one not messed up rather than "searching for the ultimate deal on a salvaged one" -