Hey, you! In the big truck.

Mojoe

I drive a truck...but i use it for work(my landscape co)but it is also my personal vehicle...as in dont have a car. This topic could also be said for people that drive sports cars...."damn sports car drivers, speeding around causing accidents" or motorcycles " damn bikes splittin traffic on one wheel". Dont get me wrong ive had sports cars and many many bikes....ur always gonna have those idiots who cant drive, no matter what it is....how bout old people?Drivin around 20 mph under the speed limit.They are worse then everyone...just my.02

I don't think Joe is addressing all truck owners, just the ones who are kind of like ricers of the truck world - they buy really big trucks with really big accessories that never have any intention of putting any of those accessories or the potential of the trucks to use.

I drive a truck...but i use it for work(my landscape co)but it is also my personal vehicle...as in dont have a car. This topic could also be said for people that drive sports cars...."damn sports car drivers, speeding around causing accidents" or motorcycles " damn bikes splittin traffic on one wheel". Dont get me wrong ive had sports cars and many many bikes....ur always gonna have those idiots who cant drive, no matter what it is....how bout old people?Drivin around 20 mph under the speed limit.They are worse then everyone...just my.02

Doc's right in his interpretation.

I don't recall any news station or news papers in this area reporting accidents caused by "sports cars" or "bikes". If the car or bike crashes on its own with no one else involved, that's a good wreck. Not smart, but the best you can ask for. I do understand what you're saying, but it hasn't happened around Columbus for quite some time. VS. me saying these trucks are in Columbus and not being used (for the most part) as anything other than a daily driver.

And Doc, it was on Saturday. So, would have to think it was for the monster truck show. Which is even more disgusting knowing that. Now my thoughts got to wannabe redneck sitting in the stands saying my truck'll do that.

It's not just here. My family is in Vermont, we have a 23 acer ranch and bought a truck to work around the ranch. They never tow the horse's anywhere. They would buy grain, and put it in the PT cruiser. They finally got an SUV a few months ago. Now they love driving int he city. Go figure.

lol. i know what you mean bout the head lights. Sorry mistook what u guys were saying. I do agree about the buying and not using of big trucks...anyways, who tows anything with a 8inch lift 38" tires.lol.

The new GMC trucks have a nice solution for this, they switched the DRL and head lights, so now the headlights are on the bottem and the DRLs on top. Kinda nice for us in cars...

lol. i know what you mean bout the head lights. Sorry mistook what u guys were saying. I do agree about the buying and not using of big trucks...anyways, who tows anything with a 8inch lift 38" tires.lol.

i know a few people that tow with there lifted trucks

I tow my lifted truck with my stock 05 Tacoma, but that's different. My mudder has 10" of lift and 38.5" swamper boggers on it and its sole purpose is offroad driving. Its almost impossible to keep it going in a straight line on the road, but offroad its nearly unstoppable (and no thats not my opinion ask the partsmonkey.) I'd never consider towing anything with a highly lifted truck. I've heard it causes some really nasty loads on the hitch points.

Evan

I do... I have a big fucking winch on my un-lifted 1 ton that tows them out of the ditch when their simple asses slide off the road thinking 38's and 4WD will let them run 50 on ice covered roads.

I too agree with your statement, jacked up trucks are not good for much in the way of work. Trying to set a coutch or a fridge in the bed of a truck that the tailgate hits you at chin level, open is not real easy.

As far as towing, screw that... There are two parts to towing, the obvious is pulling the load. My 1 ton will move 1 loaded (280000 lbs) or 3 empty train cars... I have used it at work to move them... mostly to see if it could. The other less obvious thing is stopping the load. Guess what... I can't stop a moving train car, loaded or empty. Stopping a trailer, with anything more than a go cart it with a jacked up truck is to say the least an interesting feat, and emergency stops... well lets just say you better have your insurance premiums up to date and your seat belt securely fastened.

I am not saying that I don't like 4WD trucks... hell I would love to have a 3500 Diesel Dodge 4WD, but not to put big ass tires on and ruin it's ability to be worked.