Got my new car! 84 GSL-SE

Patrick

I finally got my new car, a 1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE. Man, this is a fun car. No rust, immaculate conditions, I like this thing a lot. 1984 GSL-SE, every option, all the original papers (warranty notices, brochures, etc) and it is clean, clean, clean besides one dent in the hood. 105k original miles. I bought this from the first owner, and even have the papers (excluding bill of sale) from when he bought it. The car is pristine. The only downsides are there's a dent in the hood, and the power antenna doesn't raise.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/clbsinvaders/RX-7%20GSL-SE/DSC02103.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/clbsinvaders/RX-7%20GSL-SE/DSC02100.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/clbsinvaders/RX-7%20GSL-SE/DSC02109.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/clbsinvaders/RX-7%20GSL-SE/DSC02113.jpg

No, the V8 is reserved for the other RX-7 :D

Oh and don't worry about driving it in the snow. I pulled it out of the garage for the pictures only. I did take it out later when the roads were cleared and salt free. I even washed it when I got back to be sure. The interior is cleeean besides the stray hairs in the back hatch, like a dog was in there.

That thing looks brand new. He honestly shouldn't have sold something so rare and nice to an 18 year old who is now going to ruin it. No offense.

I think he's on the right track already. He has another car that will be more a toy than this thing. Good find.

That thing looks brand new. He honestly shouldn't have sold something so rare and nice to an 18 year old who is now going to ruin it. No offense.

It's been sitting in the garage. It will stay sitting in the garage. I have the foresight not to drive it. I might drive it on nice days. 15,000 GSL-SE's were produced, maybe. How many are in this condition?

My '85 is going to be my DD. As soon as I get the 302 in, it will probably be a driver for awhile. The '84 is too nice to subject it to the elements, and the '84 is already there, been out in the weather for awhile. It's much more suited towards that. It might be a little more reliable, too. I get a ride to work or school. I can live with that.

But I really love this car. It's a blast just to sit in. Although, I can't fit in it too well with my height. Leather seats are too tall for me. :D

Yeah, I'm not going to ruin it. Don't judge a person you've never met. Wow, I'm 18!! Remember, being under 20 means automatically you're going to screw it up. Give me a break, I know how to treat a car. Granted I hated my last car, but it got me around and I treated it well. Sometimes I'd open it up, yes, but what car enthusiast like ourselves here wouldn't? I do not drive reckless nor do I do 'stupid' things to my car. I may put a Racing Beat exhaust system on it. That's one of the best things you can do for this car. It would certainly help to increase the life of the engine. This is not some ricer's part. It's engineered and made specifically for the rotary, to handle its heat and to get the best flow. No body kits here, no huge systems. As much as I would like to put a head unit in, the originality of the interior would be destroyed. Yes, the exhaust might hurt the value if it were to be sold, but if the person knew what they were buying, that would only help it.

Also, this thread isn't about my age. It's about a nice car that I thought people would like to see.

Copperhead, I may do so in the near future. What else do you have in the car?

I bought the car I had for next to nothing. It was rusted to the point of being completely unsafe to drive, so I parted it out. I sold some parts, but still have the engine and tranny, what was left went to the crusher. I still have the seats, but I don't think they are nearly as nice as what you already have. I removed the engine and trans together so all of the clutch stuff is still there, they have never been separated. I have someone on here that used to work at the RX7 store that has heard it run before it was pulled. Part of the harness is gone, it was too screwed up to remove intact, but all of the engine and accessories are there. It's been sitting in a friend's garage for a few years, and now he's trying to sell the house so I need to get my stuff out of there. Let me know if you are interested.

Yeah, I'm not going to ruin it. Don't judge a person you've never met. Wow, I'm 18!! Remember, being under 20 means automatically you're going to screw it up. Give me a break, I know how to treat a car. Granted I hated my last car, but it got me around and I treated it well. Sometimes I'd open it up, yes, but what car enthusiast like ourselves here wouldn't? I do not drive reckless nor do I do 'stupid' things to my car.

LMAO Simmons, yeah right. I could say a lot here but will just leave it open...