What happens when you break off the brake bleeder valve?

Guest FooDey

Emmmm K...... ummm So when I was doing my rear brakes on sunday I managed to snap off the rear bleeder valve on my honda. Any sugguestions on what to do or use? Anything you recommend? My boss at work said he'd bring me a Snap-on extractor.

<----------Newbie...still learning...But were all still learning right?Yep drums.....wow wheel cylinder 13.00 bucks....SOld. If it's that cheap hell screw trying to waist hours to drill the screw out.

Thanks man.

And if you break off the line you just keep working your way towards the master cylinder until you don't break it and have a good threaded junction.

You also might want to see if there is a factory "upgrade".

On some cars bigger brake cylinders were available.

Not real familiar with Hondas though.

KO

Have fun replacing the wheel cylinder if you go that route. I think it was a honda that was an absolute bitch when we did it at school. Just remember to take your time, and if you're not familiar with drum brakes it helps to take a picture before you take them apart.

• 2 weeks later...

LONG STORY SHORT..... put a new wheel cyclinder in and replaced a small piece of the brake line, when I went to go bleed all the brakes, I noticed the brake line nut was still a little loose. So went I went to go tighten it down again...SNAP! Broke the new wheel cylinder bleeeder valve. Ok it was already like 10 degrees out. So I sold the car on thur.

But hey it was a fun learning experience, just kinda wish I had a garage with some heat to do it in ya know?