time for a new bike.

natedogg624

i've been riding my 99 for around two years and its a good bike and i love it.

but today makes me really consider getting a new bike...

my buddy just got a 07 r6 and we both went out for a ride and at our halfway point we stop and he tells me to switch bikes. omfg.gif

i really have nothing to say other than holy shit. it was a completely stock bike and the sound it put out especially head down WOT was amazing.

the power all the way to the redline was jaw dropping. and the stopping power! i just did HH and SS lines and yet it still feels like there is more stopping power than mine. maybe it has to do with the brembo m/c...

only thing that i didn't like but really not a big deal: tall seat height- little hard to manage at the stop lights, my feet actually weren't able to touch the ground unless it was tipped over a little. again not a big deal because we were only stopped less than .1% fo the time.

and the standard shift. i def missed a few shifts going from my gp shift to standard...

i have ridden other 600's and 750's before but this was on a whole different level.

just wow.

time for a new bike

or at least one with EFI.

Funny. What happened to 'carburetors for life'? Fuel injection is the way to go. And I don't know if it is fair to compare your bike to new model. Your bike is a good one. Think long and hard before giving her the axe.

o im not actually seriously considering it. although i wouldn't decline if someone offered to give me one. :)

don't get me wrong i love my bike and most likely won't be selling her ever.

it would be a first choice in getting a second bike more like it.

Think that's fast' date=' buy my ZX10 and show your buddy what a fast bike really is. :D

And it's lowered so you'd have no problems at stop lights. :D

Buy my 10. :D[/quote']

are you kidding?! my little body on a monster litre bike :omfg:

The Honda CBR 600RR that I had was better suited to smaller riders but it was hard on the boys at times. I would like to ride an R6 to compare the two although I am now a liter-bike man, forever and ever, amen. Once you experience a 1000cc SS, nothing else matters. Plus, they handle well or at least mine does. I want to ride a ZX-10 as well. I've heard the '05's have a strong engine.

ill buy your 99 :)

even though i probably won't sell it.... you know the old saying if the price is right...

I rode my friends 06 R6... for a race bike it seems like it would be awesome but on the street it's seriously lacking midrange.

eh don't really care about street performance. as long as it performs when it matters.

Ive been having other bikes on my mind as of late. Rode my 250 for 2 seasons and 12k miles. Got my F4i this past spring and put a bit more than 10k on it. The F4i has insane power compared to my 250. I know I havnt even wrung all it has out of it yet. On the freeway I feel like there isnt enough power, I don't like having to screw with dropping a gear. I always thought that the 600 was more power than I need and now I want more.

If I was to buy a inline liter I would want to check out the ZX10 for sure. I really want to ride more bikes so I can get a feel for what I really want. I want to get on a Honda 929 or 954RR. The RC51 also has been picking my brain. The V twin really has me interested. I would mind checking out a 1000RR either. I wouldnt mind rinding any bike actually. hah...

mmmwaaahahahah come to the dark side you wont go back :devil::lol:
my buddy has a 05 636 first time i rode it was at deals gap on new metzlers and I scrubbed them all the way out without even realizing it. I love my f4i but that 636 is so effortless into and out of the corners in my opinion that and if you fudge up and are in the wrong gear its got plenty of ass to get you back up to speed. I love it.