So...I got a new job

ttemper

Which means i'll be in the market for a new car. I've considered 04 M6 model GTO's and mach 1 mustangs. I've always been a GM guy, but a friend of mine told me a mach 1 will go 12.40's with an X-pipe and Drag Radials. This sounds pretty good to me considering the best time i've seen online from a stock 04 gto is around 13.5.

We all know how tried and true the LS1 platform is, that's why i'm leaning more toward it. Also because everyone has a mustang, and the GTO is more of a limited production car in comparison to the Mustang.

This car will be used to commuting to and from work. I do not plan on spending more than 2k in mods. Which car would be the fastest for the money i would spend on mods? The GTO would cost roughly 110 less a year for insurance FWIW

Thanks in advance

The mach1 Is a blast to drive. I've autocrossed one and it did really well compared to the miatas. I would be wearry of the transmission. I don't know if it was just the 03's but zuht here on the board had his in the shop atleast twice maybe three times for transmission repair.

But I do love the ls1 platform, I also like the styling better.

my car is on its last leg. this would be the first car that i can afford that i actually want, so i'm going to commute to commerical point from lancaster for a while and save money for a house in the process.

Depending how far you drive everyday, I wouldn't buy either. Get a Honda Civic or Ford Focus or something to drive daily. Put the GTO/Mach 1 in the garage for nice days... :cool:

+1, you don't want to be racking the miles up on a car you owe $20k+ on.

Toy Barn 04' Phantom Black GTO, with I believe a Procharger on it, supposedly made 480 RWHP. Been dropped, 18ish inch chrome 5 spoke wheels, red leather interior and an M6. I'd go with the GTO, but the Mach 1's are bang for buck quick too. Drive both and see what ya like.

Take a walk with your ls1, nazi. :D

I think I ran into someone from the board on I-70 this afternoon. The reason I assume he is on this board, is he without hesitation called for a "40 Roll." :eek: I'm just wondering who it was and what was done to the car.

I was on my way to the doctors office (I'm sick as hell right now), when I see a red Honda S2000 with a black hood and a silver WRX STI playing around with each other behind me. After passing by, the Honda exits and the STI continues down I-70. He slows down and waits for me to get next to him. Then, after poping his BOV at me a few times, he polietly asks me if I want to go from a 40 Roll. I slow down to 50 (there was a bit to much traffic to slow down to 40). He matches my speed and looks over and tells me to take the hit. I go, pull 2 cars and pretty much keep it there til we had to shutdown for traffic. He caught back up, we gave each other props and continued on our way like nothing happened.

I would have liked to get some better runs in, but there was too much traffic.

Anyway, I was just wondering who it was and what was done to the car, I assume it had some things done as the A-Pillar was loaded with guages. :cool:

I think I ran into someone from the board on I-70 this afternoon. The reason I assume he is on this board, is he without hesitation called for a "40 Roll." :eek: I'm just wondering who it was and what was done to the car.

I was on my way to the doctors office (I'm sick as hell right now), when I see a red Honda S2000 with a black hood and a silver WRX STI playing around with each other behind me. After passing by, the Honda exits and the STI continues down I-70. He slows down and waits for me to get next to him. Then, after poping his BOV at me a few times, he polietly asks me if I want to go from a 40 Roll. I slow down to 50 (there was a bit to much traffic to slow down to 40). He matches my speed and looks over and tells me to take the hit. I go, pull 2 cars and pretty much keep it there til we had to shutdown for traffic. He caught back up, we gave each other props and continued on our way like nothing happened.

I would have liked to get some better runs in, but there was too much traffic.

Anyway, I was just wondering who it was and what was done to the car, I assume it had some things done as the A-Pillar was loaded with guages. :cool:

Thread highjack anyone?

I picked the mach 1 and love it, but 4 cams cost $1200 :( End the end I dont have chevy exhaust so I can sleep at night. The only way gto's sound good is with a nasty cam. I have light light mods and walked a M6 05gto the other day from a 50 roll.