slick tire/street tire lanes

koolrayz

A most of the rentals at NRP that I have attended have it set up so one lane is for slicks and the other is for street tires. This tends to cause some grief when two street tire cars want to run heads up. I have seen where they remove the lane assignments for the last two hours and allow people to run in whatever lane they chose. This allows for a compromise, while not perfect nothing is. Discuss?

As long as they prep both lanes equally, I don't care. I wish they made 19" drag radials :( Not willing to swap rims either, I only like to run my cars the way I drive them on the street. So yes in the past, I drove my 4th Gen F-bodies with 14" wide Hoosier QT Pro's and ET Streets all summer long :) Not so nice when it rained though lol

Jason

I was going to get the Hoosier A6 or R6 tires. The A's just wont last long at all on the street. Are made for 30 second runs and stuff like that. The R6's would really be a better bet, but the problem is they are not puncture resistant at all. Also, you can't just run the backs, you have to run all four tires as the R6's. Luke at tirerack told me it would be an nightmare running these on the street. I asked if he thought it would be better or worse then an ET Street(as I have run these many times) he said a lot worse. So I ended up just getting the new PS2 non runflat tires. I guess these will save me about 10lbs of non rotating weight and because of the softer sidewall, will eliminate my wheelhop problems.

I asked about a 19" Drag radial and he said they wont make one because not enough sidewall. This was the same excuse for 18" drag radials just a few years ago. I think they will just wait for more demand. Currently only 3 stock cars would even use them. Ford GT's, Z06's and Vipers and most of these owners rarely track their cars. I think if the Mustangs/Camaro's start using 19" rims on a regular basis we might see them made. However, I think the Camaro is coming out with 20's :(