need a new bank

evan9381

fifth third has finally fucked me over for the last time

this month (april), my mastercard for my checking account expires. around the beginning of the month (10th or so), i get a letter w/ the pin # and it says i will get my card within 10 days. around the 20th, nothing has come, so i call up, guy says it was sent out on the 15th.

fast forward to friday (27th), i call up, this guy says it was sent on the 10th. i explain to him again i havent gotten anything, and i need the card immediately, due to me going on vacation on the 5th. guy says only thing i can do is to pay 15$ to have the card "overnighted" which will take 3 days to pull and 2 days in the mail...? they said the only other option is to contact a branch and see if they can help me out

so i call the branch ive been dealing with. this guy tells me the same thing, except it will cost 50$ to get the card overnighted, and even then, 5 days, and no garuntee i will get it by the time i leave on the 5th.

they tell me the only other option is to get an ATM card (which there are no 5/3s in NC so its gonna cost me like 4$ each time i use it), or use my credit card and transfer funds every few days

to me, this is a bullshit "option" on their part. i think is even more bullshit that ive had accounts open with them for close to 15 years, and this is how i get treated

right now, i need a bank with free checking, that will allow me to open up a CC with the same options ive got on my current card, and that i can transfer my balance with no fees. i just paid off my car loan through them, so no worry about that. would like to go with a larger bank, so i have options if i go out of state.

I have never had a bad experience w/ 5/3. I have used them for about 14 years now.

However, if you feel you have been fucked over...LEAVE!

My wife used to use US Bank. She NEVER had ANY complaints w/ them. Only closed that Account to merge w/ the 5/3 Account.

KillJoy

get an american express credit card. the customer service is outstanding. a similar situation happened with my card except it was my fault for providing the wrong zip code... they overnighted it for free.

i use the card for all my expenses, get the miles, and pay it off every month. skymiles ftw.

I work for and bank with Chase. Never had a problem except one time, and it was similar to yours.

Basically I ordered a new card online b/c mine was cracked though still operational so therefore they deleted my old card number so it was no longer operational. I had to go 5 days without a debit card/check card, but I'll give them credit, they said I could go into any branch and get a temporary ATM card for free and use it temporarily. I had enough cash to get me through so i didnt, but it was nice to have the option I suppose.

Other than that I've had a good experience with them.

I have had Huntington for about a year now since they bought out my old bank, Unizan. So far I have had no major problems. There online features are very nice. My only compaint is the $0.25 charge each time I use my check card as a debt card. If I use as a cc, there are no fees. But I figured that out after the first month, so now I just use it as a cc.

I have had Bank One (now Chase) for a good 15-20 years now. I'm not switching.

I had an incident with them a couple years ago just like that; most likely the card was lost in the mail. They cancelled the old card, and immediately sent out a new one, at no cost to me, and didn't take that long to get here.

I have had National City with no complaints for about 10 years now. I believe they just instated where you can go to any ATM and they will not charge you, however, the other bank probably still will. Also, that may only be for new customers, I'm not sure because I have not looked into it. Anyway, they have been great for me.

I've been with Bank One/Chase for over 4 years, and have loved them. They don't have a branch in the town I live in, so I also opened a National City account, and they kept screwing up my address, so it took me over 5 weeks to get my check book and debit card.

I have had Huntington for about a year now since they bought out my old bank, Unizan. So far I have had no major problems. There online features are very nice. My only compaint is the $0.25 charge each time I use my check card as a debt card. If I use as a cc, there are no fees. But I figured that out after the first month, so now I just use it as a cc.

There are really only 2 reasons you should use a check card as a debit card

#1- Place only accepts debit cards

#2- you want cash back

There are really only 2 reasons you should use a check card as a debit card

#1- Place only accepts debit cards

#2- you want cash back

+1, but what place only accepts debit cards? never been to one.

I don't even carry my debit card on me, just a couple cc's and some cash. With the ability to transfer money online nowadays I charge up my cc to get the rewards and just pay it off when i get the bill. Worked good so far, last year I got around $200 in cash back, and I don't even charge that much. Score.

+1, but what place only accepts debit cards? never been to one.

I don't even carry my debit card on me, just a couple cc's and some cash. With the ability to transfer money online nowadays I charge up my cc to get the rewards and just pay it off when i get the bill. Worked good so far, last year I got around $200 in cash back, and I don't even charge that much. Score.

Not many places anymore, like Taco Bell used to only take Debit Cards