Hola from Ohio.

Guest neoncrazy101

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 flat quarter mile?

I see you know little about the wrx's .. Cost vs a S4.

My statement still stands that a 2.0 NA neon motor is not a good starting platform. Thats it plain simple no more to it.

As for the 15 I was talking my price vs the price of a s4.

Hey guys, my name is Austin but i go by Peppy. i've heard about this site from the other forums that i'm on so i finally decided to join. I am 17 right now and i drive a '95 Plymouth Neon Highline w/ 246,000 miles on it. but my new toy is a '97 Dodge Neon coupe that i have a lot of plans for.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/YIKESNEON/My%20Baby/563699-R1-01-23_002.jpg

thats my current beast.

and heres my new one that i'll be driving within the next month (needs a head gasket)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c150/YIKESNEON/New%20Baby/IMG_1804.jpg

nice cars...

My statement still stands that a 2.0 NA neon motor is not a good starting platform. Thats it plain simple no more to it.

yeah so your wrong again!

i paid 400 for a roller and had close to 5k in the engine bay and 1k in misc parts. had a slight problem with the oiling system and a guy offered me money for my engine so i sold it to him. thats close to 6500 in a complete car that would be a damn good roll car and an all right dig car.

Now that engine (2.0 NA block) makes close to 550 at the crank on a good tune mild boost setup. the engines are fine depending on the what you put into them mod wise

Hell the world record for a long time for a NA 4 cylinder was held by a neon with a 2.0 engine in it. it ran low 10.1x. Maybe, just maybe, you should not talk about a engine when you know nothing about them.

Guest neoncrazy101
thanks guys and the guys at Modern Performance actually have a 9 second Neon. but anyways, before we get too in depth here lol. the Neons 2.0L is NOT the same as the DSM's. two different motors, two different manufacturers.

I know I'm a newb and therefore worthless.

But something I always went by, it's more fun to make a slow car fast then to just buy a fast car.

You see a trans am, you know it hauls ass. Cause that's its job. You see a old little red neon, you don't think as much. Sleeper ftw.

I know I'm a newb and therefore worthless.

But something I always went by, it's more fun to make a slow car fast then to just buy a fast car.

You see a trans am, you know it hauls ass. Cause that's its job. You see a old little red neon, you don't think as much. Sleeper ftw.

No; you make a fast car faster.

When I was with the Civic crowd I was surrounded by people with slow cars who lived by that motto.. like it justified throwing thousand-dollar/10 horsepower mods on their cars. I got sick of that shit real quick. Joe said it best - buy a fast car and make faster. Anything less would be uncivilized.

^True^.

I learned that one the hard way, And keep relizing I need more power .

:slap: You have lost your mind

He hasn't lost it. He never had it.

The original retard with a POS V6 mustang. Typical ricer attitude ..thinking he has a chance against anything other than a civic.....well a beat on..old civic.

^True^.

I learned that one the hard way, And keep relizing I need more power .

Ya I need more power...and a 2nd job. Need to find somehow to convince my friend to let me drive his STi for a few mins ;)

Guest neoncrazy101
i am not gay. its a nickname from back in the 6th grade and it came because of my last name which is Poeppelmeyer. and the O is silent to its Pepp....