Watch what you wish for.

THE STING

A fair race for street cars should include a 30-50 mile cruise with the same equipment and tune that the car will run down the track with, any longer is a waste of time and fuel.

If I am not mistaken, isnt trails having a track event in where they do excatly this. I think it is called the true street class. Its a 30 mile drive through Newark and then you come back to the track and make 3 passes back to back. Then I think they make you make one more pass and the fastest time wins...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am not mistaken, isnt trails having a track event in where they do excatly this. I think it is called the true street class. Its a 30 mile drive through Newark and then you come back to the track and make 3 passes back to back. Then I think they make you make one more pass and the fastest time wins...

From what I understand, that is the jest True Street. After the cruise you get 20 minutes to air or possibly change tires, add fuel, and through in a warm bottle. The hood must stay closed from the start of the cruise to the last pass.

From what I understand, that is the jest True Street. After the cruise you get 20 minutes to air or possibly change tires, add fuel, and through in a warm bottle. The hood must stay closed from the start of the cruise to the last pass.

I thought the tires had to be on for the cruise, I am not sure, but that is a cool thing for them to do.

That is a pretty cool event. If you want real opinions on who's car is more enjoyable for the street/dual purpose and you want to keep it fair, you should each let the same people ride in each car and use their votes towards the competition. Of course, you use those who aren't biased. What's streetable to one may not be to another, especially to 'car' guys who willingly sacrifice streetability. So, what's better than an unbiased passenger. Round up various people's girlfriends who don't know the story so can't pick sides. Those opinions would be good ones.

That is a pretty cool event. If you want real opinions on who's car is more enjoyable for the street/dual purpose and you want to keep it fair, you should each let the same people ride in each car and use their votes towards the competition. Of course, you use those who aren't biased. What's streetable to one may not be to another, especially to 'car' guys who willingly sacrifice streetability. So, what's better than an unbiased passenger. Round up various people's girlfriends who don't know the story so can't pick sides. Those opinions would be good ones.

The only probelm with that is alot of people like newer cars and mine is a 71 hornet...not many people like them and would be hard to get a fair vote.

But i will tell you my car does have a stereo, full stock interior and all steel body....10in tire on the back and skinnies on the front.....looks like a 70s,80s hopped up car...the way i like it......its been in this form since i bought it in 1985 with a couple different colors on it.

I know you didn't ask, but i put it out there incase anyone was wondering.

I have to disagree. I think MPG is one of the biggest catagories when it comes to being streetable. If you want to be honest any car can be driven on the street. The real question is how efficient and comfortable it is to you. Seriously, how streetable is a car that gets 7 miles to the gallon?? I know people with t rex cams and 4500 stalls saying they have street cars. Streetability is a relative term, and my opinion is that MPG is a huge part of it.

Carry on....

The only probelm with that is alot of people like newer cars and mine is a 71 hornet...not many people like them and would be hard to get a fair vote.

But i will tell you my car does have a stereo, full stock interior and all steel body....10in tire on the back and skinnies on the front.....looks like a 70s,80s hopped up car...the way i like it......its been in this form since i bought it in 1985 with a couple different colors on it.

I know you didn't ask, but i put it out there incase anyone was wondering.

Streetable... hell yes!!!

More streetable... who knows?

Street or track, I know there are a few people that want to see you in action.

I have to disagree. I think MPG is one of the biggest catagories when it comes to being streetable. If you want to be honest any car can be driven on the street. The real question is how efficient and comfortable it is to you. Seriously, how streetable is a car that gets 7 miles to the gallon?? I know people with t rex cams and 4500 stalls saying they have street cars. Streetability is a relative term, and my opinion is that MPG is a huge part of it.

Carry on....

My car gets 10mpg, is it a street car or not????

I don't see how MPG relates in anything being a "street car". Maybe in an argument in which is MORE streetable, yes. But in general, no. In an argument of which car is MORE streetable of course it will be a factor. But, in that argument, a hybrid really is more streetable, but it is slow and more streetable, so who cares.

my van gets barely 10mpg and is comfortable.

my hornet gets 10mpg and like i said full stock interior and suspension other than caltracs bars with adjustable shocks that i can set on soft for a real smooth ride......but it is loud, and i like it.

if you want to see my car in action have someone challenge me and i will give them the same deal as dark formula........you come up here and win i pay $500 and if i win they pay $300.....it can be for less i would still run but i don't care to run for anymore than that.

Norwalk used to do a king of the streets like king of columbus. the requirements were the car had to be street legal lights, horn, wipers, and tires and the car had to run a 30 mile loop on a single tank of gas and he same tune it ran on the track. Not sure if they still do that or not but that was the only requirements tha i can remember.

I say if both cars meet that then everything is good. I would also add insted of a run through hockin hills you guys go to a autox event and how ever has the best time for the day wins. then the same for the drags whether it be norwalk or trails or where ever. If its a Tie then you both decide on a third event for the tie breaker. Also loser has to pay for the other persons gas and etery fee for the 2 or 3 events plus whatever other wager you guys decide on.

My thought was more of a road course as one bracket and drag strip as a second bracket, that's what started this back when.

I'd own him in the road course due to my better streetability, and he disagreed. So I'm saying take the course with me and see how he fares, turns, mileage, etc. That was my point.

For day to day drivability and street manners, I own him. I don't care if he owns me at a strip, so be it.

Make it so you can stop and get gas. There should be a time penalty to offset the track time. I say the second person to get to the track is penalized .15 secs for each minute later they are.

Well hey, that's a darn good idea.

My thought was more of a road course as one bracket and drag strip as a second bracket, that's what started this back when.

If you want to add Autocross to the mix and make it a triple crown, I'll take that bet, in my 200hp beater ;)

If you want to have some sweet, drag/roadcourse/auto-X/MPG/AC on/350mile trip to prove what a badass street car you have, and you're not driving a 500whp EVO then you will lose.

The "who can build the best car with the most compromises to make it excel at nothing and be decent at anything contest" FTL!!

I'd own him in the road course due to my better streetability, and he disagreed. So I'm saying take the course with me and see how he fares, turns, mileage, etc. That was my point.

For day to day drivability and street manners, I own him. I don't care if he owns me at a strip, so be it.

Here is the thing i can drive my car anywhere you can on the streets just as comfortable with my full slit bench seats and stereo playing on my stock suspension with my shocks set on 4 for a smooth ride doing the speed limits and keep up with you and then stomp your ass in the 1/4 mile.

Atleast you admit i own you in the 1/4 street or track.....saved yourself some money.

I never said i would road race anyone....if i would of built it to go to a road race course with small suspension and tire changes im sure it would do very well.

i posted that we would have the AMX at trails today running true street, over a 30 mile drive in the brutal heat and humidity and 3 back to back runs....averaged 10.81 n/a....im sure you could do better that that in the heat n/a......why didn't you show up ?

If you say MPG doesn't determine if a car is streetable or not, let me ask you this..

What makes a car NOT streetable?

And I'm talking OTHER than the obvious no signals and the apparent drag slicks which could be replaced with street tires anyways.

If you say a car running anything higher than 100+ octane that gets 8mpg with full interior and no heat is streetable.. you're fucking retarded. Try driving your weekend warrior in the winter, fucktard.

It's pretty obvious, I side with Anthony here.

Guest Removed

30 cruise too the track, best of 3 hot laps win.

only thing you can do after the ride and drive is add fuel, no hood poping, no tuning etc.

nuff said.

If you say MPG doesn't determine if a car is streetable or not, let me ask you this..

What makes a car NOT streetable?

And I'm talking OTHER than the obvious no signals and the apparent drag slicks which could be replaced with street tires anyways.

If you say a car running anything higher than 100+ octane that gets 8mpg with full interior and no heat is streetable.. you're fucking retarded. Try driving your weekend warrior in the winter, fucktard.

It's pretty obvious, I side with Anthony here.

You are a loser...

and i have worked on VWs in the past that did not come with heaters when they knew the cars were being shiped out west....so they were not street cars either..uh.....and who said i did not have a heater although i am taking it out seeing how i will never drive it in the winter again and have not in almost 20 years....

i think if you only go out cruzing on the weekends or drive it to shows that does not mean a car is not a street car anymore.........i think guys like you and dark formula look for reasons when someones car is faster than yours you start making excuses and bullshit reasons why because your sore losers.....grow up.

and your jealousness is making you sound like a retard.