THE STING

#662 19th December 2006, 06:02 PM

DarkFormula

The Traction What?

Administrator

Vehicle(s): Formula/Firebird/GTP/POS

First name: Anthony

Trader Rating: (27)

I'm not hiding behind anything. A street car is a street car. I challenge homeboy to a cross-state cruise, off to Hocking Hills, then we can hit Trails. BTW, wearing the same equipment on the car at all times.

Serious bet? I got $500 says his AMC cannot keep up with me in the Hills. I will lose him and beat him to Trails, on one tank of gas. There's the proof how how "street car" he claims to be.

$500. Hocking Hills. Same vehicle setups through each leg. Accept?

1998 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Well..well..well....look who thinks he's a big shot................

Running on one tank of gas does not prove anything, and does not mean my car is not a street car because you get better mpg. And i don't care if you get to the spot to race at before me, its what happens when we line them up is what matters.....i will drive the cross state challenge if you so desire and stomp your ass on pump gas ,but its going to be for $1000 to pay for you wasting my time all day.....

Formerly known as THE AMC BOYS!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$500 for a rally, one tank of gas, no stopping, same equipment on the road as on the track.

You agree, I'll have a map ready. If you don't make the trip on one tank, or I beat you to the destination, my point is proven as you've so heartily quoted and I win.

You game?

BTW, I didn't see your ass at Norwalk. Too busy plotting my rally doom? :rolleyes:

$500 for a rally, one tank of gas, no stopping, same equipment on the road as on the track.

You agree, I'll have a map ready. If you don't make the trip on one tank, or I beat you to the destination, my point is proven as you've so heartily quoted and I win.

You game?

BTW, I didn't see your ass at Norwalk. Too busy plotting my rally doom? :rolleyes:

Don't bring that weak ass shit here......one tank shit, my car makes more hp than yours so it will use more fuel....WEAK ASS SHIT.

You know damn well you can't beat me and your best bet is to admit it or i will take your money.

What point do you think your proven, that you get better mpg....ok you win. Other than that i will drive it on a long cruz and on pump gas and take your $$$$.

I feel you should do your route but he can stop and get gas if need be. It takes a long time to pump gas ya know. :)

But, I also believe driving from point A to point B on the streets doesn't show who is faster, but who is more of a daredevil and finds ways around traffic better. For $500 someone could drive like a complete assfuck and beat the person who doesn't drive stupid.

It's not about faster per se, it's about his claim he's just as streetable as me and yet can beat me at the track.

I asked him to prove it, now he's running his mouth. Call it one of those "True Street" drags he so says he can compete in. ORLY?

Some old man who called people out with his AMC for Spring '07 last year, then claimed it was more streetable than my Formula. It's now almost summer. It's an AMC, and thinks it some sort of street status close to mine, yes loves how much faster at the track it it. It very well may be, but does it look like I really give a shit?

Nope, I'm having fun over here :D

But, I also believe driving from point A to point B on the streets doesn't show who is faster, but who is more of a daredevil and finds ways around traffic better. For $500 someone could drive like a complete assfuck and beat the person who doesn't drive stupid.

it doesnt take anthony a $500 bet to do that :p

Make it so you can stop and get gas. There should be a time penalty to offset the track time. I say the second person to get to the track is penalized .15 secs for each minute later they are.

Some old man who called people out with his AMC for Spring '07 last year, then claimed it was more streetable than my Formula. It's now almost summer. It's an AMC, and thinks it some sort of street status close to mine, yes loves how much faster at the track it it. It very well may be, but does it look like I really give a shit?

Nope, I'm having fun over here :D

haha, how old is this dude for anthony to call him old? not saying anything ant but seriously, 40 is the new 30, and 30,as you know is the new 21, right? lol

I'm behind Ant 100% on this one. Streetability is street ability. I'm not going to say that my car is on Anthony's level because he gets more miles to the gallon than me (and there are other factors also). If you claim to be as "streetable" as him then prove it. And since it ends at a track then you can race him to see whos faster. Sounds like a good idea to me.

The AMC boys should seriously come to our next Norwalk event. There are a few people on here that want to see if you can back up what you said in that old thread.

Since when does mpg decide who's car is more of a street car.....in that case my neighbors hybrid is the badest thing around...

I said i would do the drive and run on pump gas so whats the problem ?

Depending on how far this drive is determines if i will have to refill, and im not seeing why anyone would have problem with that.

And why not run on the streets ?....other than its illegal.... its much more fun.

Since when does mpg decide who's car is more of a street car.....in that case my neighbors hybrid is the badest thing around...

I do, surprisingly, agree with this statement. If there was a race he should be allowed to fill up.

I stated at one point I had a fast street car and this guy got in my shit. So I made a comparison and he got pissy against his car.

If you want to go for streetability, then let's do it on one tank, in the rain, with the AC on, stereo up, on DOT radials. Do you get my point yet? Sure, you have a faster track car, but mine's built for dual duty and is better than yours for day-to-day travel and will kick the shit outta 99.9% of other road vehicles.

So now I'm saying if you didn't like my statement, put your money where you mouth it else go brag on someone else because I'm not impressed.

I stated at one point I had a fast street car and this guy got in my shit. So I made a comparison and he got pissy against his car.

If you want to go for streetability, then let's do it on one tank, in the rain, with the AC on, stereo up, on DOT radials. Do you get my point yet? Sure, you have a faster track car, but mine's built for dual duty and is better than yours for day-to-day travel and will kick the shit outta 99.9% of other road vehicles.

So now I'm saying if you didn't like my statement, put your money where you mouth it else go brag on someone else because I'm not impressed.

When did i get in your shit because you said you had a fast street car.....if i did its probably because you started talking shit to me first.

Like i said depending on how long the drive is will determin if i need more fuel or not, im good for about 100 miles on a tank of fuel.......my car did not come with air and i will crank my stereo to "another one bites the dust" by queen after i mop you up,... and i also got a set of drag radials here also.

Do you have a powere adder ?

Me and my bro's will be at trails this weekend running my oldest bro's AMX in true street(30 mile cruz) just for fun,...maybe you should come and see if you can beat our slowest car....he will be running n/a.

I said i would do the drive and run on pump gas so whats the problem ?

I would have to agree with this first statement. MPG doesnt matter if the car is streetable or not. That would be like saying any car that gets over 15mpg is a street car and ones that get less then that are not street cars. But I am not in this so, Anthony is making the bet and setting the terms, so you can agree or decline his bet.

What if the car gets 5mpg and only has a 10 gallon tank.

Not very streetable.

Anthony,

Is this bet open to anyone? ;)

That still doesnt make it non streetable. I would say something that cant go from light to light in downtown traffic in the same heat we have now without overheating would make it not streetable...

So, a 1970 Hemi Cuda got around 8mpg mixed driving and came equipped with an 18 gallon fuel tank which nets a range of 144 miles. More up to date, a Lamborghini Murcielago gets 8mpg city and 13mpg highway and sports a 19.8 gallon fuel tank for a range of 208 miles mixed driving. I would consider both of these as street cars, especially considering the figures are for unmodified vehicles.

In my opinion MPG is of least importance when establishing a cars streetworthyness. <<<is that even a word :confused:

A fair race for street cars should include a 30-50 mile cruise with the same equipment and tune that the car will run down the track with, any longer is a waste of time and fuel.

Good points tinman,...

he does not really wan't to race me.....he was talking big and bad back then because he knew i was off the site and now its coming back to haunt him.

darkformula if you don't wan't to race just say so.....and don't talk about your terms....i agreed to a long drive or cruz,... and i think the race should be on the street.

We have a good spot up here...two lane road and both lanes run in the same direction and are a car and a half wide, and for you doing the traveling ,...if you win i will pay you $500 and if i win you pay me $300.....

This is my last offer to you and i think everyone can agree its a fair offer....your offer is a little goofy and makes it look like your looking for a way out.