Watch what you wish for.

THE STING

Guest ihuntv8
If you want to have some sweet, drag/roadcourse/auto-X/MPG/AC on/350mile trip to prove what a badass street car you have, and you're not driving a 500whp EVO then you will lose.

The "who can build the best car with the most compromises to make it excel at nothing and be decent at anything contest" FTL!!

Truth!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that pretty much sums up the thread -

"The Sting" is faster in the quarter mile

Anthony is faster on a road course

To "the Sting" I don't think anyone said your car was not a street car. The arguement was that Anthony's car is MORE streetable than yours. It is all about compromise. Anthony wanted a car that could be driven hard in corners as well as down the quarter mile. That is how his car is set up. Yours is set up to nail the quarter mile while remaining "acceptable" on the street.

I think the proposal was pretty good - I know I'd like to see it.

i didn't think just because someone corners better ,that it would make it more of a street car.....and that picture of his car looks good but it has skinnies on the front and that would not be good for corners.

Jesus,

If mileage had anything to do with performance or streetability, my 9 MPG 1 Ton Chevy truck would stomp the ass of all comer's. Now mind you, I will out cruise many, as I have 2 30 gallon tanks and a 125 gallon I can drop in the bed and carry more fuel than any car. But I still have a stock 454 that's rated at a ball bustin 195 HP and its' trying to move 7400 pounds of truck, so I am lucky if I can turn a 17.0 ET.

Quit yer bench racin, and yer e-battling. Do 30 miles and then race, if your car can't do thirty miles, it ain't a street car, at least not something that could be driven daily.

I was here before page 50.

Look, Its great you have a fast car sting. Ant you've got a fast car no doubt. But still WTF IS THE ARUGMENT HERE.

Can you enjoy your ride sure.

Do you roll race or digg that matter. Our buddy Gearhead would tell you that. He's built some fast ass digg boxes that would get beat by some of our slowerdig but faster roll guys.

So both you shut up and lets discuss how fast you can race on ice.... Yes its been done.

Yes i usaully only dig run guys but i did race one guy from a 25mph roll, and the race was untill i top out in high gear because ofcourse he could go a longer distance, but i did win......maybe you heard of him...Jamie the guy that use to own the supra that Cavin owns now ,or just sold not sure, but at any rate its probably one of the badest roll cars from 40 to whatever in the country, so we set up a race to bring him down from 40mph and me up from my normal dig and went at it and had a good time...did i mention i won.

so i don't think any of your roll guys would take me out unless ofcourse one of them could beat that Supra and i would find that hard to believe, but if someone could let me know and you might draw my interest to try it again. ;)

That still doesnt make it non streetable. I would say something that cant go from light to light in downtown traffic in the same heat we have now without overheating would make it not streetable...

Sorry, I completely forgot about this thread.

My argument wasn't about MPG, it was about range.

Perhaps my 50 miles per tank would still be considered streetable... but how about a 5mpg and a 2 gallon fuel cell?

That is the only point I was trying to make.

Carry on.