What happened to Grego?

HotCarl

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i enjoy O&A, but..............

i bought sirius because of Howard Stern

but now that i have it i realize that i would have bought it regardless of howard,

SIRIUS is the SHiT and i love my Stiletto receiver!

Oh i agree, I think in this market they were the best of the worst. I listened to 'the zoo' last year and it just got old. NONE of the stuff they did was funny and it just got old. Grego was a little better, but you could tell he said/did stupid stuff just to get a reaction and it wasn't even funny. I know alot of people who have interacted with them and they are complete jerks person to person. Maybe they were isolated occassion's, maybe not.

I met the crew (back when they had Shannon) a few years ago. We went into the studio for free beer friday. My buddy Zach had met Grego at Halftime on Bethel rd and he found out Zach had a glass eye. So he came on the show and played beer pong with his eye and such. It was a really good time and they were REALLY nice to us off air

A guy I know, LCpl Dominic Dejon, did one of those "You are listening to the Grego show" things, and they played it quite frequently. I also work with the son of a guy who works in the blitz's sales dept. If you ever see the hummer, he is probably standing nearby.

Grego and Mo are good people. When I first met Grego it was after a free beer friday at Classics. He came up to me and introduced himself and his wife. We spoke for a minute or two. I thought that was pretty cool and smart of him to do. It got me to listen religiously. hell, I bought a Nokia 6133 JUST to listen to Grego at work and not miss any calls....

Howard is ok for free but not worth paying for IMO.

Listen to Ben people.

If you were listening to Grego, you were listening to total crap. I've had to suffer a couple times without my Sirius, and I tried to listen to that garbage. The show sucked, plain and simple. He got no ratings (I know someone who sells advertising for the Blitz...Stern leaving put a BIG hit on sales).

If for some reason you like O&A (though I think they suck...but not as bad as Grego), get XM. If you like Stern or Bubba the Love Sponge, go Sirius. Listening to testicle radio just sucks. A bunch of talentless idiots, commercials galore, censored everything...how do people do this?

$13/month isn't that much money. You'll pay for cable, but not sat. radio?

And for any of you who think Stern on testicle radio is the same as Stern on Sirius, you are HIGHLY mistaken.

No, because the ratio of actual music I wanna listen to versus the talk radio/sports radio garbage sucks.

Notice, I wanna listen to. I'm not paying to listen to people talk. So yes, $13/mo for bullshit I don't wanna hear is not worth it, I told Sirius to KMA even after they offered me an additional unit and three months of free service.

Now back to whoever this Grego guy is and quit debating on free versus pay radio.

I was a Grego show fan, more or less because 99.7 caters to my music taste more than any other radio station. So naturally, I'd listen to that in the mornings sometimes at work or on my way to school. I think it sucks, but I don't listen to enough radio to care all that much.

Secondly, and I know this happened a long time ago, but what in the hell happened with 107.1 and Rover's Morning Glory? That shit was good, and Dare Deiter was pretty badass.

-Kevin

Listen to Ben people.

If you were listening to Grego, you were listening to total crap. I've had to suffer a couple times without my Sirius, and I tried to listen to that garbage. The show sucked, plain and simple. He got no ratings (I know someone who sells advertising for the Blitz...Stern leaving put a BIG hit on sales).

If for some reason you like O&A (though I think they suck...but not as bad as Grego), get XM. If you like Stern or Bubba the Love Sponge, go Sirius. Listening to testicle radio just sucks. A bunch of talentless idiots, commercials galore, censored everything...how do people do this?

$13/month isn't that much money. You'll pay for cable, but not sat. radio?

And for any of you who think Stern on testicle radio is the same as Stern on Sirius, you are HIGHLY mistaken.

Just because it is your OPINION doesn't make it the RIGHT opinion

I was a Grego show fan, more or less because 99.7 caters to my music taste more than any other radio station. So naturally, I'd listen to that in the mornings sometimes at work or on my way to school. I think it sucks, but I don't listen to enough radio to care all that much.

Secondly, and I know this happened a long time ago, but what in the hell happened with 107.1 and Rover's Morning Glory? That shit was good, and Dare Deiter was pretty badass.

-Kevin

They changed their format to country. They also had syndicated Opey & Anthony on their afternoon timeslot but you can't really have a country format and those two shows at the same time.

Oh and I found out what happened to Grego. Apparently he showed up late to the Blitz Bash, he and his boss got into a huge fight and his boss went off the deep end and fired him. This is all 1st/2nd/3rd person so take it for what it is.

They changed their format to country. They also had syndicated Opey & Anthony on their afternoon timeslot but you can't really have a country format and those two shows at the same time.

Oh and I found out what happened to Grego. Apparently he showed up late to the Blitz Bash, he and his boss got into a huge fight and his boss went off the deep end and fired him. This is all 1st/2nd/3rd person so take it for what it is.

That's pretty much what the link that Stillman posted said too....

So, I don't really listen to morning radio. I hardly listen to radio at all, really. But sometimes I set the alarm on my clock to radio for a change, so I don't get such a violent wakeup. Naturally, it's set to the Blitz, as that is the radio station in Columbus that I listen to when I do listen to radio.

This morning I woke to the new show. Mo was making fun of an autistic kid on a little-league baseball team. Are they fucking serious? I turned the shit off and this has solidified that I will never listen to it again. That is just not fucking necessary.

Guest drumer919
A guy I know, LCpl Dominic Dejon, did one of those "You are listening to the Grego show" things, and they played it quite frequently. I also work with the son of a guy who works in the blitz's sales dept. If you ever see the hummer, he is probably standing nearby.

You think thats good, I went to school with Marshal Jividan or however you spell it, his father, Mark, is the Blitz general manager.

I tried also and thought Grego was horribly annoying. I know you really have to give someone like that time, but I just couldnt handle it.

I also LOVE my Sirius and Howard Stern.. Opi and Anthony?! haha.. Don't they get like no ratings. ZERO.. POINT... ZERO..

They arent giving Stern multi-million dollar bonuses for no reason.

I heard from a good source why he got fired, and though I was asked not to share the details, it was well deserved. I wouldn't start feeling bad for the guy at all.

btw, Joe. Tried to send you a PM but your box is full. I emailed you, hopefully you still have the same email I have for ya? .. anyhoo.. :)

Oh and yeah spit it out..

Shannon said "Fuck" over the air. She was terminated due to breaking FCC Regulations.

There was a search for a new News Reader. Randi came around after about a month or so.

KillJoy

that may have happened..but shannons mom was in town and mo bit her or something at classics....im pretty sure that canned the whole deal and i believe shannon left...FCC wont let me be!

Opi and Anthony?! haha.. Don't they get like no ratings. ZERO.. POINT... ZERO..

They arent giving Stern multi-million dollar bonuses for no reason.

If they were getting "no ratings" how would they be syndicated in pretty much all the major markets. Dont get me wrong, howard has his dedicated followers who wont do anything but listen to him, thats how he was syndicated EVERYWHERE when he was on. Whatev, he still sucks.. sorry to insult your idol but he still sucks. To each his own.