A question from a Streetbike n00b.

Draco-REX

I really like motorcycles. I thought I should put that out first. Unfortunately, if my history with bicycles is any indication, I'd kill myself if I ever owned one. Of the streetbike types I've always had a fondness for the Ninja, and some of the exotic european bikes have caught my eye as well. But if I were to choose a streetbike to own, it's be a Hayabusa. I'm a big guy at around 6'4" so I need a big bike. And the 'busa is just downright mean looking.

But though it's just a fantasy of mine to own one that's slammed, stretched, and turbo'd; I do have to wonder:

Is the Hayabusa *really* all that and a bag of chips? :)

So you only want to go straight?

ask vwjeff who was keeping up with him in the curves and say that again

99% of the people on this board or that you know will ever take a 1000 or duck to the limits its made for, a busa if just as good on the street as a 600 is on the track its a diff story.

Yeah, some good first bikes.

ALL USED . Moost n00bs drop there first bike. lookup how much new plastics are you will cry.

Katana 600/750

KZ 440/750

Ninja 500

SV650S

F4i

GS500

Anything thats a racereplica is going to cost out the ass for a first year rider.

As a first year a busa would cost a assload and a half for insurance.

ask vwjeff who was keeping up with him in the curves and say that again

99% of the people on this board or that you know will ever take a 1000 or duck to the limits its made for, a busa if just as good on the street as a 600 is on the track its a diff story.

I know, I just like the oke because when i mentioned one that was the first reponse. But there is no way in hell I would let any friend of mine get that as a first bike. I know one person who get one and wrecked it and damn near killed himself on the way home. he blipped the throttle and laid it down on the freeway.

check out a honda superhawk, it was my first bike, well technically i still own it but I took a deposit on it today to sell tomorrow, but its a lot of fun, it doesn't really matter if you have the fastest/coolest bike, its nice just to be able to ride.

ps, they can be found pretty cheap pretty new.

agree shouldnt be a first bike honestly he should think about a 97ish gsxr 750 fat tank sooo comfy and plenty fast

superhawk i agre it is good to just be able to ride which is why im thinking about going back to stock on my bike and put like 40k miles on it

check out a honda superhawk, it was my first bike, well technically i still own it but I took a deposit on it today to sell tomorrow, but its a lot of fun, it doesn't really matter if you have the fastest/coolest bike, its nice just to be able to ride.

ps, they can be found pretty cheap pretty new.

That is a bad bike for a noob because of the extreme tendancy to bring up the front.

how is a Katana a bad bike since every single mag suggest it as a great entry level sport bike for new and seasoned riders. It will not easly pick up on you. It handles damn well for what it is.

Power Reasonable

Handling great for a noob many seasoned riders on it vs someone whos ok rider on a gsxr get owned.

price my buddy got a 2000 in nice condition for 2g

i was fucking with you because ANY bike can be dangerous if the person is not responsible, just because the superhawk has TORQUE, doesn't make it a bad first bike. Nor a busa, sure its OVERKILL, but anyone can ride one w/ common sense/being smart.

Sorry, thought I was clear, I have *no* intention of getting a streetbike, or any motorcycle for that matter. I just have bad luck on two wheels, and it would be only a matter of time before my first name was Street Pizza, regardless of how well I ride. I'd probably be sitting at a light and get flattened between a Uhaul and a Semi. :p

I was just interested in the 'busa itself as a curiosity. The long wheelbase did hint to me that it wouldn't be as nimble as other bikes, but that's to be expected for a bike as fast as it is.

Does it have other quirks, or is it really the baddest balls-to-the-wall highway bike there is? :D

thats the problem a n00b does not understand that a friggin twitch can cause lift. If you never have had the front wheel up It cant scare the shit out of you.

oh i've had it up, first few times scary, after that its fun, lol

btw why the hell do you doubt me on OR? Only thing that could stop me is finicial issues. I doubt they will but thats it.

Turbo + IC + injectors

injectors I can mod stock ones and flowtested for 100$

IC 200$

turbo installed 1g

I got a VF39 tune already.

btw why the hell do you doubt me on OR? Only thing that could stop me is finicial issues. I doubt they will but thats it.

Turbo + IC + injectors

injectors I can mod stock ones and flowtested for 100$

IC 200$

turbo installed 1g

I got a VF39 tune already.

bc i can, lol, its all dicking around, but $20 on both of us if either hit 12's this year in our cars, deal?

The Busa is the 5.0 Liter Mustang of bikes. There is a huge aftermarket support for them and the sky is the limit but it's all be done to death. It's a rock solid engine and in stock form ride very well on the street.

If you banged yourself up on pedal bikes, how'd it happen and what did you enjoy about biking? That may tell you more about what type of bike to buy that pictures in a magazine. If you liked to stunt a pedal pusher, you'll probably want to stunt one with an engine and I'd look elsewhere than a 'busa. If you were a mountain biker, look at a DL-1000 Zuki.

Is the Busa the king of the streets? In stock form it will get beat by handful of others. In modded form, it's the cheapest to go all out on.

I rode both street bicycles and mountain bikes. But if I were to get a motorbike it'd be for the street. As for my luck with 2-wheels, I was in the emergency room a few times. Had a doctor *scrub* roadrash once. When he did, my mother had to remind me to breathe because I was in so much pain. All my cycling accidents were me vs cars.

Nope, only cars for me. But there's nothing wrong with at least looking at the forbidden fruit. Just as long as I don't touch.

It's interesting that you relate the 'busa to the 5.0 Mustang because it always struck me as an exotic.

It's deff not an exotic bike, the main reason why some people dont buy them is due to "everyone has one". At leat thats what they say

aftermarket is huge for them of course its been the same bike since 99', it get beat on the street by 1000's and such until about 150 or 160 then youll go around them (if they race that long)

quirks hmmm the clutch is the week point if anyone mods the bike you have to mod the clutch too ie heavy springs or a "koosh"

The busa has been the king of the street for 8 yrs now the 14 in stock to stock form is faster but it only took 8 yrs for them to bring out some sort of compition the new busa will smash it of course