All you vette and LSX people

XChris1632X

They are definatly a little more expensive down here. I'm starting to lean more towards the c-5 because it is a bit nicer and already has stuff I like added on. I really want to make sure that Im not going to be upset later that its not a Z. For some reason I really want an Ls6. Someone told me that there was a difference in pistons. Is that true?

Sam,

Well you would know before me as you have both! :-) Is the z06 ride too stiff for daily driving?

I thought they had different transmission ratios?

Also- in my previous post I never said which way I would go- I was just mentioning differences between the two cars- Personally I wouldn't buy a Z06 with more than 15K miles. Preferably under 10K. Even a mild mannered milk toast will fry the tires.

They are definatly a little more expensive down here. I'm starting to lean more towards the c-5 because it is a bit nicer and already has stuff I like added on. I really want to make sure that Im not going to be upset later that its not a Z. For some reason I really want an Ls6. Someone told me that there was a difference in pistons. Is that true?

The bottom ends are the same. 01 and new ls1 powered cars all have the ls6 intake manifold.

Why does the zo6 have the old vette wheels?

• 3 months later...
As much as I lvoe the z06..it seems as if everyone an there grandmother has one an mods it...reason being its a bad asss car I never see an c5s anymore so u would defentally stand out in a croud...an like most others r saying with a performance car its been beatin so go with the lesssssss miles

snip pmed.

the transmissions are different. there are a ton of differences between the two. www.corvettefourm.com has a shit ton of info on the C5 and Z06 as well as a lot of them for sale at good prices.

i bought mine to race but i deffently like it better than a regular C5. i drive alot of vetts and the C5 Z06 will out perform a C6 on the track (one with turns and the drag strip if its a 05-07 MY) there is hardly any feed back from the road in a C6 and thats not a good thing on a track and the is also a lack of brake feed back on them as well.

C5 smoother on the street.

Z06 more race car feel on the street, cause well thats what it is.

drive a few of both before you buy something.

the transmissions are different. there are a ton of differences between the two. www.corvettefourm.com has a shit ton of info on the C5 and Z06 as well as a lot of them for sale at good prices.

i bought mine to race but i deffently like it better than a regular C5. i drive alot of vetts and the C5 Z06 will out perform a C6 on the track (one with turns and the drag strip if its a 05-07 MY) there is hardly any feed back from the road in a C6 and thats not a good thing on a track and the is also a lack of brake feed back on them as well.

C5 smoother on the street.

Z06 more race car feel on the street, cause well thats what it is.

drive a few of both before you buy something.

very well put