Quick question on sales tax and trades

1quikta

I traded my truck even for an Accord and I am doing the paperwork this morning. If I don't fill in a sales price they will probably charge me for NADA, correct? Opinions? I usually buy or sell, not trade so this has not been an issue for me. In my opinion, I already paid for the truck so why pay for the Honda.

As long as you pay something on the car, they could care less. hell i think up untill i picked up SRT-4 in 04, i had never paid the full tax on anything, and that was around 18 cars or so ago. You really paid absolutly zero, and i think its rediculous to have to pay tax on something thats already been taxed to hell and back by the previous owner.

If i can avoid it, i will never put down more then 100 on the title. but thats just me.

I do title work for our dealership. In a trade you have to put a value on the trade. But i called the title office to make sure. Exact words are that you have to put a value but they dont care what the value is nor can they set it for you. So put 50 bucks on it and call it a day.