Anybody worked at a Cameron Mitchell restaurant?

hot_wire

I've gotten bored with my current job. The real estate market isn't exciting enough to keep me entertained.

I was on the Cameron Mitchell site the other day (for those who dont know, CM owns Columbus fish market, Cap City diner, Cameron's Steakhouse and Bravo). Anyway, I noticed a few openings at their restaurants.

Now, these restaurants are hard to leave with a sub-$100 bill. Tips have got to be great.

Anybody have experience working at a CM restaurant? Are the customers dicks? Are the tips as great as they sound?

I'd most likely be a server or server assistant.

More expensive menus mean fewer tables per server. You will make bigger tips but you are doing much lower table volume. It doesn't work out to excessive difference until you get into very exclusive restaurants. These places employ career waiters who have made it an actual profession rather than a lily pad.

higher prices = higher expectations and taste. I remember when Cheesecake Factory opened, they made all of their servers memorize the menu word for word if they wanted the job. Now think that any Cameron Mitchell restaurant would be considered more upscale than the Cheesecake factory and you'll get an idea of what to expect. If you've never served before I wouldnt do it. Besides whats so hard about your job?

Pat, you're a failurez.

You guys are definitely correct about the higher expectations. My job right now isn't hard at all - and thats why I want to leave. Time to work somewhere that takes some effort, keeps me entertained, and pays well. I don't have to be a server, and I didn't realize that steakhouse servers were "career jobs." I've got a friend that just clears tables at the Refectory. On a normal night, he makes about $14 an hour. At rare times, he's made $150 in 5 hours.

I'll give Cameron's Steakhouse a call. Can't hurt to ask!

I worked at columbus fish market in grandview... excellent money... hated everyone I worked with. Every restaurant is different though... a couple of my friends worked at martinis polaris and loved it, one of my real good friends is the bar manager/supervisor for cams catering. I however was done REAL dirty by fish market, I was blamed for something I didn't do and was basically fired because they needed to make room for more "career" type servers.

I've gotten bored with my current job. The real estate market isn't exciting enough to keep me entertained.

I was on the Cameron Mitchell site the other day (for those who dont know, CM owns Columbus fish market, Cap City diner, Cameron's Steakhouse and Bravo). Anyway, I noticed a few openings at their restaurants.

Now, these restaurants are hard to leave with a sub-$100 bill. Tips have got to be great.

Anybody have experience working at a CM restaurant? Are the customers dicks? Are the tips as great as they sound?

I'd most likely be a server or server assistant.

FYI -

Mitchell does not own Bravo. That is owned by Bravo! Development, Inc., which also owns Brio Tuscan Grill and Bon Vie.

FYI -

Mitchell does not own Bravo. That is owned by Bravo! Development, Inc., which also owns Brio Tuscan Grill and Bon Vie.

I was thinking of the other Cameron Mitchell locations, and the atmosphere and dining experience of Bravo just fit in. Good thing I did not drop off a CM application at Bravo!!

Guest alltoyss
Hello, My wife has worked at CM for Years. They just sold most of there stores for about 94 Million... also they don't own Brio's. Cap city is not the best tips.... Mitchells Easton is great money if your good! pretty hard job and you must be very good with all the bar items your wines and 2 years of high end serving... and there is at least 4 to 6 weeks of training if you get in... they get about 100 to 200 apps a month, hope that helps....

maybe its me, but i dont think ill go to another CM restaraunt again. few years back, we went to martinis at polaris, and both meals we got (i believe it was salmon and some ravioli type pasta dish) were both disgusting

i kept hearing good things about the restaraunts, maybe i just chose the wrong one to try out

maybe its me, but i dont think ill go to another CM restaraunt again. few years back, we went to martinis at polaris, and both meals we got (i believe it was salmon and some ravioli type pasta dish) were both disgusting

i kept hearing good things about the restaraunts, maybe i just chose the wrong one to try out

I've never had a bad meal at a CM's restaurant...although I haven't been to Martini's.

Guest Subjugator
I've worked for CMR for the last 4 years. If you want a job as a server, you're going to be relegated to either cap city, marcellas in the short north, or a lunch server at Martini's DT or the ocean club. Marcella's Polaris is going to open in december where Martini's used to be and be busy until the holidays are over and probably die off dramatically. Lunch servers make at best an avg 75-100 dollars a day from what i gather, 200 dollars on a rare, busy, busy day. You will be required to memorize the menu and possibly the wine list, not as hard as it sounds. You're biggest challenge will be dealing with customers who are either completely oblivious to the operation of a restaraunt or think that the menu is merely a starting point to create their own dish. I would warn you against it for your own sanity, but you can probably try it out without quitting your day job. Oh, you also have to put up with loads and loads of corporate brainwashing now. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
Grab a weekend job at any restaurant. You'll make fine money and it will be easier if you do decide to move on to CM to get a job. I think they only hire people that have a good amount of serving expierence. My buddy works at Molly Woos and comparing tips night to night he makes about 1/3 to 1/2 more money than me across the street.