conquest tsi questions

mitcholi6792

i a thinking of buying a conquest tsi and i was going to but the guy told me he only gets 12 to 13 mpg in the city

i read on some other sites they got 19-24

does anyone have any idea why i would be getting worse gas mileage because from what i can tell it runs and drives fine.

I wouldn't worry too much about the fuel economy, I'd worry about the cost of maintenance.

I owned a Conquest TSI my senior year in college. That thing was a blast to drive and I'd still love to own one. BUT, that thing nickel and dimed me to death.

These were rather rare cars when in production, and there is no real aftermarket for parts.Look up brake parts (rotors) at autozone/advanced/napa. They don't even carry the 5 lug rotors. I purchased tires for mine and found that there are only a few tires made in the correct sizes, and they are NOT cheap.

If you are considering this car as a daily driver I would look for something else unless you want to spend every last dime you have keeping it on the road.

I'd recommend absolutely not buying one for a daily driver, also. I had one, too. Parts and tires are expensive, and you can't rotate the tires since the front and rear wheels are different sizes.

I loved mine, but got rid of it at 60K miles right after the engine got replaced under powertrain warranty. Dealer cost on the parts alone was over 6K in 1991.

I haven't had a problem finding parts. Tires cost me around $300 from Tire Rack, but I got 'better' tires, Fuzions. Course, milage depends on keeping it out of boost, how you drive, etc. Starquestclub, tristarion, etc, are all good forums. Keep in mind that it is an old car and parts may be expensive and or hard to find. Just finding a turbo oil line was an issue.