what to do....

AJ

do i want to go ahead and buy a FRC/Z06 or do i want to build a 69' camaro with C5 suspension so i can hang with a vette at a road corse and autocross? the only reason i say 69' is because the car is 4" wider and i can fit larger tires under the front. either car will be a street car so creature comferts will be in the car.

Either one would be nice, Depending on how much work/time/money you want to put into the car is what it comes down to, personally I would rather have a clean mean 69 camaro, everyone has a vette especailly C5, Its not everyday you see a sick 69 camaro that handles well...just my opinion

Either one would be nice, Depending on how much work/time/money you want to put into the car is what it comes down to, personally I would rather have a clean mean 69 camaro, everyone has a vette especailly C5, Its not everyday you see a sick 69 camaro that handles well...just my opinion

i have all the money from my camaro so i can order all the parts pretty much at once. i wouldn't mind putting the drive line from a C5 into a 69' but i don't think i have enough to buy two cars and then enough to buy steel to make the frame and finish the car. it would be along the lines of my 67' only more bad ass.

I have seen many cars at Barrett Jackson go for less that what it took to build them, not all classics go up.

this is true, G-force took $750,000 to build and sold for $500,000.

but a 69' camaro with a corvette drive train i would be able to get my money back easy.

In Delaware there is a '67 Camaro for sale for $12k. Has a 396 .030 over. Dominator sized carb, 4.10 rear gear with chrysler 6 lug axles converted to 5 lug, B&M trans with only 2 passes on it, 18.5" rear tires, power steering. It's all got PPG primer ready to paint. It's really nice, I was looking to buy it. I can get you the number if you're interested.

In Delaware there is a '67 Camaro for sale for $12k. Has a 396 .030 over. Dominator sized carb, 4.10 rear gear with chrysler 6 lug axles converted to 5 lug, B&M trans with only 2 passes on it, 18.5" rear tires, power steering. It's all got PPG primer ready to paint. It's really nice, I was looking to buy it. I can get you the number if you're interested.

no thanks, thanks for the heads up though. it doesn't sound like it can turn and would push worse than my car does with that BB.

You seem fairly talented with cars judging from what you have built and are looking to possibly build. If I was in your shoes I would think about maybe making that $20K work for you by starting your own shop. I don't know exactly how much competition is around here but I'm sure you would do just fine. Take the money you make and buy a nice Z06 and build a 69 as well. Just an idea. :thumbup:

i don't think there is enough demand for a hipo rod shop for cars like mine around here yet. most people have no idea what my car even is or is designed to do. i would love to have my own shop though building cars like this. i think i am going to get either a FRC i found for 17k or a Z06 i found for 23k and also pick up an S10 and put independent C4 suspension in the rear with an LS1/T56 and road race it.

i don't think there is enough demand for a hipo rod shop for cars like mine around here yet. most people have no idea what my car even is or is designed to do. i would love to have my own shop though building cars like this. i think i am going to get either a FRC i found for 17k or a Z06 i found for 23k and also pick up an S10 and put independent C4 suspension in the rear with an LS1/T56 and road race it.

If you build it... they will come. People are always looking for something different.

I vote for an LSx powered miata, or the vette.

ill be the idiot here, since ive seen it thrown around a bit lately, and have no clue what it is

WTF is FRC?? probably something obvious im missing, but i dont know

It's okay buddy.

The FRC (Fixed Roof Coupe) is the same body style that the 2001-2004 Z06 edition uses. It is slightly lighter than the coupes, but has a more rigid body. All FRC's came with the Z51 performance package.