Any Columbus PD in here?

ProwlerZ

Got a ticket for reckless today in the parking lot outside my work, got the car a little sideways as I was parking out in the far end. 2133.02B is the sticker; I'm mainly baffled because I was in a private lot at the place of my employment, and I didn't think that traffic violations could be issued there, how wrong am I? This ticket will/would directly effect my ability to drive for the company, and also have negative influences on my near-future pursuit of entering law enforcement. Any advice?

you can still get wreckless in parking lots.

Correct.

Yeah, if it was private property tickets can't be assessed.

Incorrect.

Lawyer up. You should be able to get a lesser charge. If it has that much influence in your future, not doing so would be retarded.

True story. I did the EXACT same thing last year. I took a corner too quickly getting back from lunch because I was running late and the car slid a little and 2 cops in the parking lot followed me to where I parked. He said he would have given me a Wreckless ops if I hadn't had a clear record. Never will I do that again. :eek:

just curious as to where and what PD ticketed you.

FYI...lawyer up. will likely cost you $500-700 total including lawyer and fine. It definitely will affect your job. I have a co. car and if you are issued a vehicle by a company like that, your record is checked upon each insurance renewal. 6pts and a WO will cause you to be high liability for them.