question for those of you with the 80 gig ps3

Spidey2721

i don't have one, but i do know that they DO NOT have the Emotion Engine PS2 chip built into them, they DO however have limited software emulation playback, so a few PS2 games will work, but nowhere the amount that would work on the original 20gb or 60gb models, the 40gb model has NO chip/emulation what-so-ever!

J.R.

i don't have one, but i do know that they DO NOT have the Emotion Engine PS2 chip built into them, they DO however have limited software emulation playback, so a few PS2 games will work, but nowhere the amount that would work on the original 20gb or 60gb models, the 40gb model has NO chip/emulation what-so-ever!

J.R.

Spot on.

my ps2 is crapping out. so instead of wasting money on another ps2 figured i would just get the ps3. about the only game i would really play from the ps2 i know works on the ps3. i would have to rebuy madden but thats no biggie. since its better in ps3. call of duty is calling my name for ps3.

well hell if i can get the 40 to play ps2 games then i may get that one. or if a can still find a 60 somewhere. all the prices I have seen on the are the same as the 80 though.

let me know how it works out with the patch. is it just a self installing patch? also where is it downloaded from?