If you had 150k for a car...

dragknee66

It really depends on what you want. I was going to buy an F430 spider, but there was no point, as in I'm not going to race it, I'm not going to take it up to the local hang outs. So for me The Viper was the perfect car regardless of price. That didn't work out quite as I planned so I got the Z06 regardless of price. Just so happen to have both, the Viper will be gone sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

Even if the ZR1's were out when I got my Z, I'd still probably purchase the Z. Knowing that I was going to pull the motor and change the FI anyway. What would I do with a big hole in my hood.

If I wasn't going to buy either of the two I have now, I'd say Ford GT. Will be a timeless clasic. They only made like 3,000 and have been holding their value very well. Plus the the rear engine and I think 42/58 split is perfect for a drag strip or a roll.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok how the f would I afford to maintain a Gallardo!?

I seriously bet the brakes on that thing are like 10k

Negative. You're forgetting that the Gallardo is the first car that Audi built after taking over the company. Maintenance really isn't a huge cost with that car. Brakes are standard steel on the Gallardo and not carbon ceramic or anything. A quick search of the internet found aftermarket brake pads for as cheap as $110 per axle. Sure the disks will cost you $300-400 each but even the first year cars out there ('04s) are still LONG from needing to have any rotors replaced.

If one was seriously looking at a Gallardo the biggest known issue on them is that the Clutches seem to be weak. Actually it's that Morons buy the car and think that they can do clutch-drops to launch the car quickly forgetting that they're driving an AWD car. Clutch replacement is $4000 and mostly all labor.

...not that I've looked into these cars or anything.

Andy

I second the Countach just for the 80s cool factor. Although I've heard they're actually a pain in the ass to drive.

what do used F40s go for these days? That's still a very timeless car that'll always be VERY cool.

Cannon Ball run was a movie I could watch 50 times when I was young. The F40's still have amazing value, if you can find one, I'd say upwards of $350K, but I think it would be like finding a diamond in the rough. Always had a thing for the 1989 25th Anniv. Edition Countach.

V12 TDI R8 - nothing more, nothing less

http://www.audizine.com/images/news/news_image_42.jpg

http://cwimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=CW&Date=20080113&Category=FREE&ArtNo=416810215&Profile=1024&ref=AR&maxw=630

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/autoshows/detroit/2008/audir8v12tdi.audir8tdir34500.img.jpg

Cannon Ball run was a movie I could watch 50 times when I was young. The F40's still have amazing value, if you can find one, I'd say upwards of $350K, but I think it would be like finding a diamond in the rough. Always had a thing for the 1989 25th Anniv. Edition Countach.

to this day i could watch it great movie

you're right Scott, the prices have continued to go up on them. I do get to see one every now and then though as Evans still owns one and drives it every now and then.

Ben, I disagree. The F50 is ugly as hell, barely faster, and 10x less the road car, and non of us on this board have the stones to track a F40 or F50. :p