I need dirt **place sad face here**

V8 Beast

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much of the dirt would wash away if I tried to fill in the backyard now? The more it rains the worse it gets and the more I wait the more it's going to cost (for the cosmetic stuff) if Dominion doesnt help.

You'd almost be better off waiting until late spring/early summer when it's not raining as often. You need to get the soil down, leveled and packed down. Then put sod down. The sod is going to cost you a ton, but if you put it down yourself, you'll save quite a bit.

Now would also be the time to add a few trees, if you so desire.

I'm going to wait. I just dont like the fact that my yard that I spend a lot of time trying to up keep has been turned into a swamp. I have decided I will not pay for sod. I'll put down some grass patch, but I'm taking a stand on this one. Maybe I'll buy a cactus, a few rocks and pimp the desert landscaping.

You could try contacting the Building Industry Association. They will handle this type of situation for you. I would not touch the yard until you've exhausted all legal possibilities.

Its totally their fault for raising the grade of the surrounding homes and they are betting you wont make a fight of it.

Besides fixing it yourself would likely require almost as much legal trouble as forcing dominion to do it. And that wouldn't even include the possible legal trouble you could have from other home owners and the city for making a muddy mess that will last several months.

Evan.