The best ribs in ohio

street pilot

Not a huge fan. We have them at the club since Evan Andrews is a member.

I actually prefer our house smoked ribs with Sweet Baby Rays sauce. You cannot pick them up by the bone because all of the meat will fall off onto plate.

Ribs are SUPPOSED to stay on the bone when you pick them up. Falling off the bone means they are overdone.

I will finally feel at home here in Columbus with a Skyline, a Graeters and Montgomery Inn within 10 minutes of my apartment.

Gross. Skyline>Goldstar. It has way too much cinnamon.

I l-o-v-e Skyline. Been eating it since I can remember. But it ain't a reasonable facsimile of Cincinnati without a Gold Star. :)

Guest mrhobbz
I l-o-v-e Skyline. Been eating it since I can remember. But it ain't a reasonable facsimile of Cincinnati without a Gold Star. :)

Georges coney island > all.

Ribs are SUPPOSED to stay on the bone when you pick them up. Falling off the bone means they are overdone.

Are you fucking kidding me? Where did you get your culinary experience from?

Falling off the bone means that the connective tissue has broken down. Connective tissue is made up of mostly collagen, a very strong protein that breaks down if enough heat is applied to it.

This is about breaking down tough connective tissue and changing it into collagen by applying moist heat "braising" for a period of time depending on what you are cooking. With more time and heat, the collagen breaks down and dissolves into gelatin. It takes a temperature of about 140 degrees F. to break down the collagen into gelatin.

What happening to the muscle fiber while this connective tissue is breaking down (collagen is melting)? The fibers start to contract, coil and expel moisture. If done at too high of heat, like tossing them on the grill to cook, the heat will dry out the meat like the squeezing of a sponge. As the process continues and the meat breaks down, you end up with very tender but very dry meat. Boiling in water, as some restaurants do, doesn't bring anything in th way of flavor, and the volume of water dilutes the gelatine also leaving the meat dry.

The good news is at some point, the muscle fibers have had enough and they begin to relax. When this happens, they begin to absorb back some of the moisture which just happens to be the melted fat and gelatin giving the meat a wonderful texture and flavor. And don't forget you have all this wonderful liquid made up of melted fat, gelatin and whatever cooking liquid you started with. This is accomplished by low temperatures, a moist environment, and long "braising" times.

And this is why "braised" meat tastes so incredible when cooked properly.

We slow smoke our ribs in a white wine braising liquid for 12 hours. Overdone? I think not.

Are you fucking kidding me? Where did you get your culinary experience from?

Falling off the bone means that the connective tissue has broken down. Connective tissue is made up of mostly collagen, a very strong protein that breaks down if enough heat is applied to it.

This is about breaking down tough connective tissue and changing it into collagen by applying moist heat "braising" for a period of time depending on what you are cooking. With more time and heat, the collagen breaks down and dissolves into gelatin. It takes a temperature of about 140 degrees F. to break down the collagen into gelatin.

What happening to the muscle fiber while this connective tissue is breaking down (collagen is melting)? The fibers start to contract, coil and expel moisture. If done at too high of heat, like tossing them on the grill to cook, the heat will dry out the meat like the squeezing of a sponge. As the process continues and the meat breaks down, you end up with very tender but very dry meat. Boiling in water, as some restaurants do, doesn't bring anything in th way of flavor, and the volume of water dilutes the gelatine also leaving the meat dry.

The good news is at some point, the muscle fibers have had enough and they begin to relax. When this happens, they begin to absorb back some of the moisture which just happens to be the melted fat and gelatin giving the meat a wonderful texture and flavor. And don't forget you have all this wonderful liquid made up of melted fat, gelatin and whatever cooking liquid you started with. This is accomplished by low temperatures, a moist environment, and long "braising" times.

And this is why "braised" meat tastes so incredible when cooked properly.

We slow smoke our ribs in a white wine braising liquid for 12 hours. Overdone? I think not.

i do not even want to eat ribs now ewww

ok now i do