Thinking about starting to ride

Hwilli1647545487

take the motorcycle safety course, if you drop the bike it doesn't matter cause they are shitty bikes anyways, and you get to learn the proper way to ride.

+1 million

This will give you a chance to see if you even want to ride a bike at all. It wont be exactly the same as riding on the street, but its really close.

AND

The only thing you need is your bike permit, and a set of gloves.

They supply the bike and helmet, so if you mess up and drop the bike, atleast it not yours.

I went the other way and bought a super cheap bike and had a friend show me how to ride in a parking lot. It really wasnt even close to the same level if learning I got from the course.(I took the course to get my full license instead of taking the test)

I've always had 4wheelers and i've rode friends dirtbikes from time to time so when I first got my 05 636 almost 3 yrs ago I felt confident enough that I could handle it. You just gotta know how hard you can push it and know your comfort zone. I rode w/ my friends a bunch when I first got it and they helped me with tips and what not. I've never to this day "knock on wood" layed it down or wrecked it. And its not like I ride it like a puss either. Just be responsible and respect it.

Moto safety course like others have said you use their bikes and it really lets you know if you even desire to ride or not. Worst thing is you are out a few hundred for the course (if it even costs that much out there) way to many people buy a bike then figure out riding wasn't for them then lose their ass when they try to sell a brand new bike for what they owe on it.

Take the MSF - Delaware is the easiest to get into (normally). Even if they say they are full, if you show up in person and someone doesn't show you have a good chance of getting in (just get there early).

After you complete that, find a SV650 or a EX500 - they're cheap as hell and if you drop it you can still sell it for what you paid. Ride either of those until you feel confident enough to ride a sport bike (or whatever the hell you really want), sell it and buy what you want.

Buy good gear.

/thread

PS - you have soft hands and Supras are gay. <3

I have been getting a lot of "Dude you need to get a bike" from a ton of my friends. Here is my issue. I have never ridden anything other than a quad. Where should I start if I do move forward with this?

Howard my Friend. You sir need a Turbo Hayabusa to rival against the almighty supra.

I have been getting a lot of "Dude you need to get a bike" from a ton of my friends. Here is my issue. I have never ridden anything other than a quad. Where should I start if I do move forward with this?

First, this is a lie as you have no friends. Second, as soon as I saw you wanted to ride, I ran out and bought this handlebar moustache. Which leaves only one question. Moustache on... or off.

http://www.costumesofnashua.com/CNWebSite105/Active905/Pages/BeardsMoustache/PicBeard/Ldhandlebar.jpg

Too bad.

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.motorcycle.ohio.gov/

Thats how me and Craig got our motorcycle endorsements. The bad part is you probably won't get in until August. I started out on Steve's bike in a school parking lot. I bought the wrong bike, I should have bought Steve's bike. Hindsights 20/20

Sign up for the class and then go to any class on the first day and wait. They usually have no-shows.