Question for married guys or guys with serious relationships

CJINOHIO03

I dont know what a pre-nump is?

You should do some research and check into this ASAP...

It's sounds like a really tough situation so I'm not going to judge you. I'd just make sure you cover your own ass in case things do go wrong because they can and will when you least expect...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what a pre-nump is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenuptial_agreement

My fiancée insists on one, and I fully agree. I makes sure you marry for love, not money...and if there is a divorce, it is for lack of a repairable marriage, NOT MONEY.

Anyone getting married without one is just a fool.

My fiancée insists on one, and I fully agree. I makes sure you marry for love, not money...and if there is a divorce, it is for lack of a repairable marriage, NOT MONEY.

http://www.orlyowl.com/orly4.jpg

Been married almost 7 years waited over 5 to have kids. No need for a pre-nup if you put the time in before the marriage IMO. I dated my wife for 2 years and had a 8 month engagement. We were honest with each other before the marriage about what we wanted and expected. Guess I am just old school, had fun, got married no papers, Had some more fun and traveled, waited to have kids to make sure we could make it work and be financially stable before having any. Hey and what do you know it worked!

To me the pre-nup is already having doubts, it gives you a safe out, if you truly found the right person, there is no need for it. I feel you only need one when you are very wealthy and have worked hard to earn your money and are getting married to someone not bringing the same amount into the marriage. Then you have to think maybe the person married me for my money. My wife brought in 10k in credit card debt, I helped put her through school now we have 0 credit card debt and are saving money because now she makes more than me. I am fine with that, in the current job I am in I will retire when I am 52 with full benefits, just in time to see my daughter off to college. And maybe then I will get that sweet Honda Civic I have always wanted to run 1000hp and 7 sec passes. ;)

But in all seriousness I would expect to pay child support (that child is my responsibility through to my death) if the wife and I ever split, as for alimony I'll never have to pay it, I would receive alimony before she would, but I would never seek it. So, Joe in my case no need for a pre-nup. Like I said, 7 years and a 1 Year old kid now and no rocky road ahead. Only planning of family vacations. Hey we even got to see what happens when I get seriously hurt and get seated in a wheel chair with a 4 month old baby, my wife reacted just like I knew she would and we are stronger than ever. :p You can come talk to me about marriage after you put the time in, "Rookie". After all you ain't Donald Trump or Howard Stearn "Mr. Cable Guy". :p I ain't no 19 YO "punk kid" about to get married, I got time "in country", I have done some "tours of duty". I know my situation and I am not a fool.

+1

My wife's practice is Bankruptcy and Familiy Law....aka Divorce Attorney...and she's a fighter. We've been together 19 years, married 10 and waited 6yrs after getting married to have kids. If we ever do get divorced, I'm going to be homeless and without a car I'm sure :(

Been married almost 7 years waited over 5 to have kids. No need for a pre-nup if you put the time in before the marriage IMO. I dated my wife for 2 years and had a 8 month engagement. We were honest with each other before the marriage about what we wanted and expected. Guess I am just old school, had fun, got married no papers, Had some more fun and traveled, waited to have kids to make sure we could make it work and be financially stable before having any. Hey and what do you know it worked!

To me the pre-nup is already having doubts, it gives you a safe out, if you truly found the right person, there is no need for it. I feel you only need one when you are very wealthy and have worked hard to earn your money and are getting married to someone not bringing the same amount into the marriage. Then you have to think maybe the person married me for my money. My wife brought in 10k in credit card debt, I helped put her through school now we have 0 credit card debt and are saving money because now she makes more than me. I am fine with that, in the current job I am in I will retire when I am 52 with full benefits, just in time to see my daughter off to college. And maybe then I will get that sweet Honda Civic I have always wanted to run 1000hp and 7 sec passes. ;)

But in all seriousness I would expect to pay child support (that child is my responsibility through to my death) if the wife and I ever split, as for alimony I'll never have to pay it, I would receive alimony before she would, but I would never seek it. So, Joe in my case no need for a pre-nup. Like I said, 7 years and a 1 Year old kid now and no rocky road ahead. Only planning of family vacations. Hey we even got to see what happens when I get seriously hurt and get seated in a wheel chair with a 4 month old baby, my wife reacted just like I knew she would and we are stronger than ever. :p You can come talk to me about marriage after you put the time in, "Rookie". After all you ain't Donald Trump or Howard Stearn "Mr. Cable Guy". :p I ain't no 19 YO "punk kid" about to get married, I got time "in country", I have done some "tours of duty". I know my situation and I am not a fool.

:lol: ......Riiiiight... :nono:

I see your point but... BUT... Ive read some really horrific stories about marriages gone wrong. Im not saying this will be your situation, jesus i hope its not but I have several close friends who've been married and divorced and Ive asked each other them if they ever thought they would get to the point of where they were at. And each said 'no fucking way'. For instance, my friend randy was marrie dand divorced he knew her for years before they wed and in the end they couldnt be in the same room without having lawyers involved. It was sad.

And that kids is why marriage is WRONG!

My point is that a blanket statement saying I'm a fool for not getting a pre-nup before marriage is fucking hilarious, When we got married neither one of us had much to our names, I had a Honda Civic Si, she had a Geo Prisim :lol: neither one of us had property, she lived at home and I rented. If I walked into a law office and asked to have Pre-nup papers drawn up in 01, they would have laughed me out of the office after about 2-3 minutes of me answering questions. My assets would have been like "I get my Playstation 1 and my TV trays to eat on if we got divorced" :lol: