Ever wanted to live in another country?

Akula

In my traveling around I have met quite a few expats in various countries. I have a friend in New Zealand that really loves it there, I know a few people in the UK and in Australia.

Have you ever wanted to live in another country? (I know there are a few people that read this that are in the middle east, that counts)

Guest GMoney
I would live in Sweden. Everyone there speaks english, very similar to the US but the work schedule is much easier. Winters suck though. I would also live in India, people are super nice, cost of living is nothing.

I'd consider Ireland. Seems like a place that I could be comfortable with and consider home, but the nationalized healthcare is a scary idea to me even though i don't go to the doctor much.

If I could get over the language barrier somehow: Germany or Japan.

I would live in Sweden. Everyone there speaks english, very similar to the US but the work schedule is much easier. Winters suck though. I would also live in India, people are super nice, cost of living is nothing.

I lived in Stockholm for a month. It is a great city, very cool vibe. The winter isn't too bad except for the sun never coming up. Really great history and very cool museums. Not everyone speaks english, the older crowd doesn't.

Almost moved to Australia. When I say almost, I mean really, really close. Job, money, living arrangements, etc. I may still move there within a year depending on the new lab opening in Australia or New Zealand.

There's no one place I can think I'd want to live. How could I make such a decision when I haven't even seen half the world? Plus, I'm just nomadic by nature. Everyone else move to different countries and I'll visit all of you. :D

Guest GMoney
I lived in Stockholm for a month. It is a great city, very cool vibe. The winter isn't too bad except for the sun never coming up. Really great history and very cool museums. Not everyone speaks english, the older crowd doesn't.

Yeah the educated older people understand you which is good enough for me. I have been there 4 times, each time for about 10 days.

All the time. I've been really considering it lately since I don't have any real reason to stay in the states. I went to Europe a few years ago, and really liked the laid back atmosphere.

Free healthcare would be nice too. I hate the way it is now for me with no health insurance.

Edit: The weather in Perth looks nice. :D

Lived in Germany for two years along time ago, also visited England, Austria, France, Holland, Russia -

Nahhhhh I'll stay in the U.S. we have our problems and the govt is getting worse but we still live better than most on this planet.

Kenya is a cool place, my dad lived there for a year for work. Dont know if i could live there, but definitely cool place to visit.

P.S. Tusker Lager FTW!!!

Sick S4 btw, I was supposed to visit Kenya but 9/11 happened and we had to change our plans. I applied for my dual citizenship with Italy, so I would definitely consider moving to Italy esp if Hillary wins.

Sick S4 btw, I was supposed to visit Kenya but 9/11 happened and we had to change our plans. I applied for my dual citizenship with Italy, so I would definitely consider moving to Italy esp if Hillary wins.

Thanks, my dad was in Nairobi when they bombed the US embassy there. Stupid terrorism

there arent good looking canadian women. if you see a hot girl in canada (like at a strip club in windsor or fort erie) they are from somewhere else :D

When france settled in Montreal the king rounded up all the good looking parisian prostitutes and sent them to Montreal.